Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: September 23, 2021
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico is looking for an Intermodal Analyst who is detail-oriented and can deliver precise work while meeting deadlines. If you have basic knowledge in transportation & logistics and enjoy working in a collaborative environment, this opportunity is for you! The Intermodal Analyst is responsible for auditing costs associated with the inland movement of cargo, developing reports that help other departments to accurately analyze costs for each Inland move, and coordinating the movement of TOTE Maritime equipment.
As an Intermodal Analyst you will:
- Assist in auditing billing reports and reporting of billing errors to trucking companies to ensure that corrections have been issued.
- Validate invoices related to inland movement, chassis, depots, and rail providers.
- Issue TB’s for empty equipment movement if Fleet is unavailable
- Monitor and validate Southbound and Northbound intermodal volume and cost
- Report intermodal cost and volume trends.
- Maintain knowledge of market price of drayage and line-haul moves and update Inland rates on Sequel system to maintain accurate information based on carrier rates.
- Assist with problem resolution regarding equipment integrity in Cargo Wise as required.
- Serve as backup to Intermodal Coordinator positions during vacations and absences of personnel.
- Dispatch on island PR Delivery loads to respective carriers and maintain equipment tracking.
- Support other intermodal duties and responsibilities as required to help achieve department goals and objectives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Products
- Understanding of the US Shipping and Transportation Industry
- Ability to clearly communicate performance standards
- Ability to gain cooperation from peers to obtain and share information to accomplish goals
- Ability to multitask and work in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work with multiple levels of employees throughout the organization
- Ability to make presentations in a group environment
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university in Transportation Logistics or related experience equivalent preferred
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required as subject to Executive Order 14042.
At TOTE , shipping is about more than reliable delivery, it’s about people. The TOTE team is dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations with efficiency, integrity and unparalleled customer service. We’re equally committed to our own employees – fostering a working environment where they are respected, inspired, and recognized for excellent work. We strive to be the best at what we do. To learn more about TOTE history and values, go to https://www.totemaritime.com/about/about-the-company/
Our organization is committed to its employees by providing competitive pay, outstanding benefits, and professional development opportunities. If you want to be part of a company that fosters a family-like culture, look no further.