Human Resources Generalist
Company: TOTE Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Human Resources
Publish Date: October 3, 2021
Company Description: Since 1975, TOTE Services has provided full technical management and partial management/ crewing services for nearly one-hundred vessels of various sizes and configurations. We know that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. Whether we’re hiring for a shoreside or seagoing position, we look for people who can help us provide the world’s best ship management, marine operations, and vessel services. TOTE Services strives to lead the industry in safety, quality, and operational excellence and the TOTE Services team is critical to our success. www.toteservices.com
Support HR leadership to hire, train, develop, and retain a high performing and distributed workforce while embodying and fostering a culture to support it. Demonstrate a collaborative approach and exceptional communication across all levels of the organization. Champion a culture that supports our values, and supports employee growth and development
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Include the following: other duties may be assigned.
- Unemployment Claims: Receive and prioritize claims, questionnaires, and other unemployment related data. Analyze individual case information by reviewing data gathered from accessed through multiple sources the PC, from documented telephone calls or document images, to determine if the facts warrant a response. Use the details regarding an employee’s separation provided by leadership, interpret and apply state laws and regulations in response to unemployment documents. Respond to a state agency with all pertinent details within the time frame allowed by the state or departmental procedures. Works as a team with our Unemployment Insurance Consultants to ensure accurate and necessary information retrieved from customers is documented clearly and thoroughly into our database. Ensures that work is accurate and complete, processed in a timely manner with proper spelling and grammar.
- Personnel Information Management: Maintains accurate data (e.g. new hires, transfers, promotions, title changes, rate changes, etc.) in paper and virtual employee records. Responsible for the maintenance of confidential employment files. Support HRIS system updates of employee profiles as relates to Benefits and Payroll.
- Recruiting: Will assist in review of job descriptions; write postings for on-line forums; management of both internal intranet job postings and external job board postings; monitor incoming applications; schedule and conduct interviews as needed. Provides communication to candidates not selected for the position. Initiate background and drug screens.
- Invoice processing: Collects, Codes, and submits department invoices as assigned in web-based systems.
- On-Boarding & Orienting: Coordinates and performs new hire orientations and supporting managers with onboarding processes such as IT setup, Safety, and other systems access.
- Compliance: Responsible for compiling data for audits, inclusive of benefits, recruiting, and compensation. Support Compliance Officer in various Compliance Program initiatives and communications.
- Employee Recognition: Supports Employee Recognition Program by compiling award nominations and assisting in the execution of awards ceremonies. Creates and monitors employee anniversary award program for accuracy and timely program execution.
- Wellness Program Administration: Create and manage wellness scorecards for employees, schedule and facilitate monthly wellness seminars, and promote wellness communications to foster healthy company culture.
Education and/or Experience:
Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Human Resources environment preferred. BA Degree from college in Business Administration or related equivalent experience and/or combination of experience and education required. Certification: PHR or SPHR preferred.