Human Resources Generalist
Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Human Resources
Publish Date: October 3, 2019
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Maintain and support organizational processes that are in compliance with best HR practices and that add value to TOTE stakeholders regarding benefits, wellness, compliance, and recruiting. Assist HR leadership to hire, train, develop, and retain a high performing and agile workforce while embodying and fostering a culture to support it.
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach and exceptional communication at all levels of the organization; champions a culture that supports our values; supports employee growth and development.
- Promotes employee safety as first priority.
- Recruiting: Will assist in review of job descriptions; write postings for on-line forums; management of both internal intranet job postings and external job board postings; monitor incoming applications; schedule and conduct interviews as needed. Provides communication to candidates not selected for the position. Initiate background and drug screens.
- Personnel Information Management: Maintains accurate data (e.g. new hires, transfers, promotions, title changes, rate changes, etc.) in paper and virtual employee records. Responsible for the maintenance of confidential employment files.
- Invoicing: Collects, Codes, and submits department invoices as assigned in web-based systems, processes department credit card expenses, and reconciles departmental costs compared to budget.
- On-Boarding: Coordinates new hire orientations and supports managers with onboarding processes such as IT setup, Safety, and other systems access.
- Compliance: Responsible for compiling data for audits, inclusive of benefits, recruiting, and compensation. Support Compliance Officer in various Compliance Program initiatives and communications.
- Employee Recognition: Supports Employee Recognition Program by compiling award nominations and assisting in the execution of awards ceremonies. Creates and monitors employee anniversary award program for accuracy and timely program execution.
- Wellness Program Administration: Create and manage wellness scorecards for employees, schedule and facilitate monthly wellness seminars, and promote wellness communications to foster healthy company culture.
- Intranet Posting: Manages HR team intranet page to ensure employee-facing data is current and correct; creates and posts marketing and communication announcements for the HR team.
- Backs up others in the department as needed.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a corporate business environment preferred.
- Familiarity with state and federal regulations such as COBRA, FMLA, etc. required.
- Must possess proficient knowledge in MS Office.
- Bilingual English/Spanish language fluency preferred.
- Must possess good interpersonal communication skills and presentation ability
- BA Degree from college in Business Administration or related equivalent experience and/or combination of experience and education required.
- Certification: SHRM-CP or PHR preferred.