Help Desk Analyst II
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: August 19, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
Provides software and hardware support services to internal users of the organization’s computer systems and IT network. Acts as second level support and resolution resource, including answering questions, providing advice, investigating and troubleshooting, and following up to assist users. Ensures all incidents and requests are analyzed, resolved and reported back within the promised timeframes. Able to communicate service requests over the phone or in person to all of our regions of operation.
- Responds, analyzes, and prioritizes incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance and from users experiencing problems with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Assists Help Desk Analyst I’s in solving non-routine or complex software, hardware, and procedure problems or escalating to Tier 3 support staff.
- Consistently creates tickets for managing requests and incidents in Landesk Service Desk in a timely manner.
- Configures and deploys personal computers, software, and peripheral equipment.
- Creates domain, email and other system accounts as requested.
- Analyzes help desk activity and makes recommendations for changes in help desk procedures and systems to upper management.
- Contacts software and hardware vendors to request service regarding defective products.
- Tests software and hardware to evaluate ease of use and whether product will aid user in performing work.
- Writes software and hardware documentation and recommendations for other IT staff.
- Develops documentation materials such as steps and screenshots for users.
QUALIFICATIONS SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Microsoft Operating Systems: client and server.
- Microsoft Office 365, especially Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Experience with Landesk Service Desk and Management Suite, moble device support, network and local client printer support.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
This position generally requires an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and four to five years related experience. At least two years of prior office experience providing customer service.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.