Heavy Haul Driver
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: December 29, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
This position is responsible for the loading, unloading and driving of diesel-powered trucks to transport heavy and oversized loads.
To apply for this job please visit secure.beaconinsight.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspect truck and trailer(s) for defects through pre-trip and post-trip inspections and submit reports indicating their condition
- Operate a variety of trucks and equipment under a variety of conditions, adhering to posted speed limits and all other local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintain driver e-logs and maintenance e-logs according to State and Federal regulations
- Make customer pick-ups and deliveries in a manner that reflects superior customer service
- Spot trailers to warehouse, chock wheels, and may assist in loading and unloading trailers
- Maintain hands-free telephone contact with terminal to receive accurate dispatch instructions
- Ensure cargo is secured for transport according to FMCSRs and Carlile requirements
- Maintain a clean work environment including swept trailer, clean cab, windows, and mirrors
- Determine discrepancies in paperwork and verify proper placarding when hauling HAZMAT
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Class A CDL with all endorsements (or ability to get all endorsements)
- Two years of verifiable safe tractor-trailer driving experience; previous heavy haul experience preferred