Heavy Equipment Mechanic – Riviera Beach Job ID 9314
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mechanic
Publish Date: May 2, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on support and heavy freight moving equipment systems: mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all heavy equipment including but not limited to mobile harbor cranes, straddle carriers, reach stackers, rotators, and spreaders.
- Performs major and minor repairs to heavy equipment as needed.
- Operates, inspects, and troubleshoots mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical failures on equipment as required and diagnose defects.
- Tests mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers' specifications.
- Dismantles and reassembles heavy equipment using hoists, rigging equipment and hand tools.
- Researches parts needed for repairs on equipment by using parts manuals and supply books.
- Rebuilds engines, transmissions, and their components as necessary.
- Makes service calls to various Tropical departments both domestic and international to facilitate equipment repairs as required.
- Remains on standby duty during ship loading after hours and on weekends.
- Fills out work orders after every job.
- Orders parts required to conduct repair and maintenance and follow-up. Coordinates with the effected departments equipment repairs and services.
- Makes quality fabrications as needed.
- Keeps work area clean and organized.
- Participates in training seminars and workshops when necessary.
- Performs all other duties as required.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma and vocational technological graduate with certificate in equipment maintenance and repair preferred.|
|EXPERIENCE:||Minimum 3 years’ experience in heavy equipment repair, maintenance and operation.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver's License – Non-Commercial Class E. Ability to obtain a U.S. Passport. Certificates in mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and electrical systems preferred.|
|TRAVEL:||10% Travel to both domestic and international Tropical locations.|
|PHYSICAL:||Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on/with computer, handheld devices or tools. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 80 pounds on a daily basis. Able to withstand exposure to extreme weather conditions. Ability to travel in various modes of transportation (e.g. automobile, airplane, train etc.) Occasionally exposed to outside elements during the daily workday and during traveling.|