Heavy Equipment Field Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Mechanic, Trucking
Publish Date: September 14, 2018
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for performing complex repairs and maintenance on various trucks and trailing equipment. Will most often be working for our client in Southeast Alaska.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSE policies and procedures
- Troubleshoots to identify mechanical, air, hydraulic, or electrical system deficiencies
- Analysis of major components including their removal, disassembly, rebuilding or replacement
- Performs partial or complete unit overhauls I in-frames
- Responsible to allocate parts to equipment repair orders
- Performs parts inventory management, including securing parts and managing inventory levels
- Frequently provides direction/training to feeder positions
- In Department Managers absence is responsible for the daily operation activities
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Certificate of Completion from a two year college or technical school
- Five to six (5-6) years of trailer, truck, and equipment repair and maintenance experience
- Class A CDL preferred