Hazardous Materials Coordinator
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Safety, Trucking
Publish Date: May 27, 2021
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
Under general supervision, coordinates the proper handling and documentation related to the shipping of hazardous materials. Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal regulatory agencies.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operates safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures.
- Review inspections completed by the Operations team of facilities and grounds for compliance with environmental health and safety regulations.
- Provides guidance and expertise to the Operations team who inspects shipments for compliance with hazardous materials regulations.
- Coordinates the disposal of recovered spill response materials and damaged freight.
- Works with Training Department to develop and conduct employee training programs in the areas of hazardous materials.
- Mitigates and manages hazardous materials spills, implements clean-up plans, and reports to appropriate agencies.
- Creates company-wide processes for the proper handling, transport and documentation of regulated hazardous materials shipments.
- Is subject matter expert and rexource for DOT hazardous materials transport.
- Maintains the MCS-150B.
- Conducts internal shipping paper audits.
- Creates, reviews and updates SOP's for area of responsibility.
- Coordinates and processes multi-mode hazardous waste freight shipments and waste shippers.
- Maintains and distributes spill response supplies, builds spill kits for trucks.
- Produces internal communications for guidance on regulatory changes.
- Other work related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and at least three years' experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Work related experience may be substituted for education
- 49 CFR DOT Hazardous Materials training and experience.
- Experience working in the transportation/logistics industry desirable
- Valid drivers' license