General Facilities Mechanic – Riviera Beach Job ID 9343
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance
Publish Date: May 3, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Performs general building and grounds maintenance and repair activities.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Performs basic electrical repairs involving wiring, fixtures and appliances.
- Performs basic carpentry repairs involving cabinets, partitions, walls and doors.
- Performs basic plumbing repairs involving faucets, and toilets.
- Performs basic mechanical repairs involving fences, gates, window, furniture and lawn equipment.
- Paints interior and exterior walls as needed.
- Maintains the grounds including yard work and repairing sprinklers.
- Repairs roofs at various locations.
- Performs basic HVAC monthly inspections and coordinates repairs.
- Monitors and manages garbage dumpsters usage and performs dump runs utilizing company road tractor.
- Performs facility cleaning with yard sweeper.
- Performs moving of facility furniture and furnishings.
- Keeps Buildings and Grounds work area neat and clean daily.
- Performs basic computer functions. Perform all computer skills needed to acquire work orders by email and communicate via email or the company’s current operating system. Must be able to complete computer purchase requisitions. Must be able to stay current with the company’s computer demands.
- Oversee vendor repair activities and inspect for quality of work when needed.
- Ability to oversee manpower labor when needed.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|EXPERIENCE:||Two years general facility maintenance and repair.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Commercial Driver's License.|
|PHYSICAL:||Operations - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer or handheld. Ability to frequently twist, bend, reach, squat, kneel, climb on equipment, push/pull 50 pounds, crawl, lift and carry at least 100 pounds daily. Able to withstand constant exposure to extreme weather conditions.|