Location: Federal Way
Company: TOTE Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: April 15, 2019
Company Description: TOTE is one of the nation’s leading domestic shipping operations. TOTE Maritime companies provide essential cargo services to Alaska and Puerto Rico. TOTE Services provides leading edge ship management solutions to government, commercial and private ship owners. TOTE knows that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. We strive to embody the values of safety, commitment and integrity in all that we do.
TOTE Inc., a family of operating companies that focus on shipping, ship management and maritime services for our customers and communities from Alaska to Puerto Rico, is looking to hire a General Accountant. TOTE is committed to being reliable, resourceful and responsive in all that we do. Safety and respect for our employees are our top priorities. TOTE knows great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision.
TOTE Resources provides shared services to all TOTE companies. This includes information technology, finance and procurement services.
This position is responsible for assisting senior accounting staff with ensuring the accuracy and completeness of financial information. Responsibilities include preparing journal entries, managing fixed assets in the ERP system, and reconciling general ledger accounts.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Performs general accounting functions including the following:
- Prepares closing journal entries, including accrual and reversing, for monthly financial statements.
- Prepares input of information into general ledger system.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts on a monthly basis.
- Reviews trial balance and financial statements for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepares financial reports as needed.
- Assist with capital asset tracking and reporting.
- Bachelor’s degree required (with a major in accounting).
- 1-3 years general accounting experience.
- CPA license/CMA certificate or ability to obtain preferred.
Other Essential Abilities and Skills
- Good accounting skills including current knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Good analytical abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management throughout the organization.
- Must be a team player.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Attention to detail.
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
The TOTE brand is built on talented people, smart investments and opportunity. We know that great companies are built by great people. Explore the possibilities with the TOTE family of companies http://toteinc.com/
Interested candidates should apply via the TOTE Maritime website at http://www.totemaritime.com/; About; Careers
TOTE Maritime Alaska
US Mail to: PO Box 4129
Federal Way, WA 98063
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability
Drug Free Work Place
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.