FUEL/LUBE DRIVER (Hilo)
Company: Hawaii Petroleum
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking, Warehouse
Publish Date: May 30, 2020
Company Description: We are Hawaii’s preferred provider of petroleum products, convenience retailing and signature island fare. Hawaii Petroleum and Minit Stop Stores are locally operated subsidiaries of Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Local companies, Aloha Air Cargo and Young Brothers/Hawaiian Tug & Barge are also part of the Saltchuk family. Our company’s success is based on one simple idea – putting customers first. We offer reliable, excellent service, quality products, fresh ideas and friendly aloha. When they drive up to our neighborhood pumps, shop at our convenience stores or purchase petroleum for their businesses, our customers can count on a positive experience with our well-trained and professional employees. The Hawaii Petroleum ‘ohana enjoys a culture that treats all employees with special care and aloha. In our complex operation, every job is important to the success of whole company, and we all rely on one another – one canoe, many paddles. If you are interested in long-term employment in a stable company where you can grow, take pride in your work and be part of a winning team, please complete the Hawaii Petroleum Application for Employment. We offer competitive salaries, top benefits and future opportunities in our network of companies.
Pay Rate: DOE
We are looking for an Oil/Driver who will be responsible for safely and efficiently transporting and delivering new oil and picking up used oil to/from customer facilities including the transferring of the used oil into as ISO tanker or storage well for Fuel Driver and doing minor fleet repairs and setting up fleet servicing. They are responsible for dispatching the Hilo lubes driver and maintaining the DPQA Manual.
To apply for this job please visit www.hawaiipetroleum.com.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Delivers new oil and picks up used oil from customer facilities completing documentation and required paperwork.
- Work closely with Warehouse Supervisor to keep inventory properly balanced.
- Maintains inventory of lube products at HPI’s warehouses (Kona and/or Hilo).
- Handles routine customer problems and serves as an interface between the company and customer.
- Ability to operate a PTO and/or hydraulic pump system in a safe manner.
- Forklift license and experience.
- Fills in for FUEL Driver when needed.
- Works closely with Operation’s Manager/Supervisor and Sales to improve route efficiency and customer relationships.
- Ensures environmental compliance at every stop.
- Safely operates trucks, requiring a CDL, in accordance with OSHA and DOT requirements as well as local, state and other federal requirements.
- Must be able to work required work schedule.
- Complies with all Company’s Rules of Conduct, policies and procedures.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company safety, health and environmental regulations.
- Attendance at training sessions.
- Regular attendance. Qualified absences related to the State and Federal Family Medical Leave Act must be reported to Human Resources.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency.
- Commercial driving & lubricant as well as fuel experience a plus
- Equivalent experience and education.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to customer service.
- Must be able to read, write, understand and speak English clearly.
- Must be able to meet ALL D.O.T. physical requirements.
- Must be 21 years of age. (CDL Requirement)
- Must have basic computer skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Must have a current valid driver’s license, with CDL type A or B and a clean driving abstract.
Hawaii Petroleum LLC is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.....