Fuel Accounts Receivable Specialist
Location: San Pedro
Company: The Jankovich Company
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting
Publish Date: January 13, 2022
Company Description: Founded in 1933, the Jankovich Company is a family-owned and operated company built on the pillars of safety, sustainability, integrity, and service. Guided by these unwavering principles, we have established customer-based solutions for your Lubricants, Fuels, Supply, and Equipment needs, for both Land and Marine applications. With strategically located facilities throughout Southern California, we serve Land and Marine customers from the Pacific Ocean to the Nevada desert, and from the Mexican border to the San Francisco Bay.
Pay Rate: $27.00 - $35.00
The Jankovich Company
Established in 1933, The Jankovich Company serves land and marine customers from the Pacific Ocean to the Nevada desert and from the Mexican border to the San Francisco Bay. With strategically located facilities throughout Southern California, our family-owned culture was built on the pillars of safety, sustainability, integrity, and service and on the core value of taking responsibility and engaging with its employees, customers, and communities which we honor to this day. Because we are committed to providing the safest and most innovative fuel services to our customers, we’re intentional about every single hire we make. If our mission and values resonate with you, reach out to us. We want to get to know you, and we want you to get to know us, too.
We are looking for a Fuel Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our team. The dynamic individual chosen for this position will be responsible for all aspects of monitoring tank inventories for all fuel types, reviewing fuel pricing daily to ensure accurate billing, processing cash sales and preparing deposits. Key responsibilities of this hybrid position will include the ability to interpret and explain inventory and adjustments, preparing and reconciling tank inventories, fuel, freight and other accounts as assigned for month end closing. The ideal candidate will have fuel inventory experience including significant experience with billing and month end close.
Who You Are
An enthusiastic self-starter, well-organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and ideas concurrently. You thrive working in a deadline-driven and collaborative environment. You know a thing or two about accounts receivable, billing and fuel inventory.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Preparing, analyzing and executing timely and accurate reporting of all terminal/tank activities related to the receipt, storage and disposition of product.
- Managing the collecting and reporting of all required data for accurate and timely billing to customers.
- Ensuring timely and accurate month end close.
- Applying continuous improvement mindset to develop and enhance processes.
- Working cooperatively with other divisions and management, i.e., create effective partnerships throughout organization.
What You Bring to the Table
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work directly with executive leadership and manage external key relationships.
- 3 to 5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and decision-support roles.
- High school diploma required; college courses in accounting and relevant work experience are preferred (e.g., Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, statistics, or mathematics).
- Demonstrable experience problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and attention to detail skills.
What’s In It For You
- Competitive Compensation
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401(k) + Employer Matching
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
- Company Provided Lunch Daily
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.