Freight Receiving and Data Entry Clerk
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: January 2, 2019
This position is primarily responsible for receiving and processing inbound freight documents and entering shipment details in TMW; to further the movement of freight and to create an accurate freight bill for invoicing. This position also performs a wide variety of routine to moderately difficult clerical duties in support of facility operations and projects.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Complete inspection of inbound freight documents for appropriate consignee, bill to information, freight and hazmat description, PO#, piece count, etc, and enter details in TMW
- Print appropriate labels, freight stickers and hazmat stickers
- Research questionable or missing data looking at quotes, pre-books, emails, and customer database for addresses, special handling and delivery instructions
- Confirm consignee address, final city destination, service levels, freight and commodity codes are correct
- Enter trace information as required by customer
- Ensure specified customer requirements have been followed for accurate billing and payment
- Verify documentation has been signed off by driver and receiver
- Review accuracy of data in TMW comparing to receiving documents, making changes and corrections as necessary until all fields and charges are correct
- Final overall review of own work before completing freight bill for auto or manual billing
- Scanning of freight bills and related documents
- Learn multiple TMW modules to complete tasks such as splitting, merging, manifesting freight bills
- Ensure all receiving documents are stored and can be accessed in accordance with terminal SOP
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum two years warehouse, dock facility, receiving department, administrative, or data entry experience.
- Precious transportation industry experience preferred.