Freight Receiving and Data Entry Clerk
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: January 2, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for receiving and processing inbound freight documents and entering shipment details in TMW; to further the movement of freight and to create an accurate freight bill for invoicing. This position also performs a wide variety of routine to moderately difficult clerical duties in support of facility operations and projects.
- Complete inspection of inbound freight documents for appropriate consignee, bill to information, freight and hazmat description, PO#, piece count, etc, and enter details in TMW
- Print appropriate labels, freight stickers and hazmat stickers
- Research questionable or missing data looking at quotes, pre-books, emails, and customer database for addresses, special handling and delivery instructions
- Confirm consignee address, final city destination, service levels, freight and commodity codes are correct
- Enter trace information as required by customer
- Ensure specified customer requirements have been followed for accurate billing and payment
- Verify documentation has been signed off by driver and receiver
- Review accuracy of data in TMW comparing to receiving documents, making changes and corrections as necessary until all fields and charges are correct
- Final overall review of own work before completing freight bill for auto or manual billing
- Scanning of freight bills and related documents
- Learn multiple TMW modules to complete tasks such as splitting, merging, manifesting freight bills
- Ensure all receiving documents are stored and can be accessed in accordance with terminal SOP
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum two years warehouse, dock facility, receiving department, administrative, or data entry experience.
- Precious transportation industry experience preferred.