Freight Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Logistics, Management, Operations, Trucking, Warehouse
Publish Date: June 22, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position provides hands-on, management and oversight of the dock, yard and facility operations to ensure a high level of production, customer service and safe operations
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Communicates with all relevant employees to ensure operational processes and procedures are clear and followed
- Works in collaboration with Trucking Operations to ensure high quality customer service
- Develop and monitors department goals, projects and KPI’s to ensure progress is being made and adjusts as necessary
- Plans, schedules and reviews workload and manpower to meet operational targets on a cost-effective basis
- Ensures compliance with appropriate regulatory agencies, state, federal, , and company practices and policies
- Develops and maintains Carlile customer and vendor relationships
- Oversees and directs staff in dealing with vendor services, office supplies, building maintenance, janitorial services, etc.
- Trains and manages all staff members to ensure proper goals, training, professional development and project requirements are met.
- Maintain a collaborative environment, modeling behaviors of safety, respect, performance and professionalism
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- AA/AS or bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or logistics preferred
- Ten to twelve years transportation industry experience with eight to ten years in a supervisory role.
- Valid driver’s license.