Forklift Operator ($16 – $23)
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Warehouse
Publish Date: November 9, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
Winner of the NBRI Circle of Excellence Award! “This award recognizes organizations that place a high value on employee experience and customer experience. These organizations demonstrate their dedication by conducting best in class survey research with NBRI and taking action based upon the results.”
Carlile prohibits discrimination due to race; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; geographic background; national origin; culture; age; disability; veteran status; economic status; marital status; religious beliefs; or genetics.
- Wellness Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Plan- after 2 years, 100% of 3% of eligible compensation
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Read customer orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed and/or shipped
- Operates a forklift and other material handling equipment
- Load/unload containers, lift materials, verify and receive POs and BOLs, count and label
- Consolidate boxes and pallets, pack and/or ship materials in compliance with DOT and Carlile policies and procedures
- Document and photograph damaged freight and record on OS&D and manifest documents
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with focus on the care and custody of materials
- Prepare and prioritize orders for shipment to include delivery documents
- Weigh trucks as freight is being loaded
- Ensure all documents and paperwork is properly completed prior to shipment
- Load and unload flatbeds and secure freight
- Prioritize and complete day-to-day activities based on operational needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One to two years of dock experience
- Previous material handling and forklift experience preferred
- Valid drivers license
- Ability to obtain SIDA badge
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including data entry
- Follows instructions, responds to management direction, takes responsibility for own actions, completes tasks on time or communicates alternate plans
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent customer service skills
- Be able to multi-task with the ability to prioritize work throughout the day
- Must be self-motivated, be able to work in a fast paced environment and work with others as a team
- Knowledge of DOT and HazMat regulations
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This position works in a warehouse setting, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. This role routinely uses standard warehouse equipment such as hand trucks, forklifts, box cutters and tape dispensers. There may be exposure to extreme weather conditions (wind, rain ice, snow, and temperature variations) as well as exposure to hazardous chemicals, materials, and airborne pathogens, with frequent walking, bending, and lifting.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.