FOOD SERVICE MANAGER
Company: Minit Stop
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management, Retail
Publish Date: December 30, 2021
Company Description: We are Hawaii’s preferred provider of petroleum products, convenience retailing and signature island fare. Hawaii Petroleum and Minit Stop Stores are locally operated subsidiaries of Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Local companies, Aloha Air Cargo and Young Brothers/Hawaiian Tug & Barge are also part of the Saltchuk family. Our company’s success is based on one simple idea – putting customers first. We offer reliable, excellent service, quality products, fresh ideas and friendly aloha. When they drive up to our neighborhood pumps, shop at our convenience stores or purchase petroleum for their businesses, our customers can count on a positive experience with our well-trained and professional employees. The Hawaii Petroleum ‘ohana enjoys a culture that treats all employees with special care and aloha. In our complex operation, every job is important to the success of whole company, and we all rely on one another – one canoe, many paddles. If you are interested in long-term employment in a stable company where you can grow, take pride in your work and be part of a winning team, please complete the Hawaii Petroleum Application for Employment. We offer competitive salaries, top benefits and future opportunities in our network of companies.
Pay Rate: DOE
The Food Service Manager is responsible for all aspects of Mint Stop’s Food Service Program and works directly with the Store Operations Team to ensure the programs are compliance with Minit Stop’s recipe’s, procedures, QC, and government compliance. The FS Manager also understands the financial aspects of the program and works with the Merchandising Manager and General Manager to ensure profitability within the program meets the goals and objectives.
To apply for this job please visit www.hawaiipetroleum.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree/Culinary degree or at least 3 years relevant experience in a similar position.
- Three years of District Manager responsibilities in the management and supervision of food service establishments with full kitchens, with hands-on experience with sanitation requirements, R&D and new product creation, ordering, cooking, display, food handling safety, employee training, employee supervision and coordination, customer service and satisfaction.
- Multiple location management necessary and commissary management experience a definite plus.
- Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Merchandising skills and knowledge to increase food service sales.
- Must have knowledge of product velocities, and how to maximize it while minimizing waste
- Can navigate and explain a P&L and Sales Report
Computer-literate and proficient in the use of:
- MS Office
- Design and Layout Programs (MS Editor)
- Photo Editing
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Type 3, Driver's License.
- E-Food Handlers Certificate
- TB Clearance certificate and a valid liquor registration card.
- COVID vaccination required
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning and overseeing Minit Stop's in-house food service operations at multiple locations, on two islands.
- Expertise of overall food service operations, including raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, margins, and other techniques for maximizing effective food service manufacturing, distribution, and presentation.
- Regular review and optimization of Recipes and Cooking Procedures for all in-house food service product programs. Ensure products are packaged properly, develop new line extensions where needed, maintain policies and procedures at store levels to ensure quality of products delivered, and ensure that all sanitation standards are at or above federal and state requirements
- Responsible for the needs analysis and creation of new products, dishes, and recipes, where needed to increase the food service program's scope and profitability.
- Increase and maintain food service category sales and margins. Develops and coordinates activities for all stores to hit or exceed budgeted food service sales and gross profit projections. Ensures Food Prep Sheets are followed and works with the Operations Teams if necessary.
- Monitor food preparation methods, portion sizes, and presentation/packaging of food to ensure that all Minit Stop in-house food products are prepared and presented in a format meeting our strict standards and requirements.
- Oversee and work with all MS HQ departments, District Managers and Store Managers to regularly review work procedures and operational issues to determine ways to improve service, performance, cleanliness, and/or safety in our stores.
- Assists with the design and development of any section in the store where the primary merchandising activity is the sale and display for Minit Stop in-house produced food service products.
- Organize and coordinate with the Training Manager on all Minit Stop personnel food service training programs. Assist Operations to ensure ALL personnel adhere to and uphold Minit Stop food service standards.
- Consult the General Manager and the Merchandising Manger on food service equipment and supplies purchases
- Review menus and analyze/create/delete recipes and/or products to maximize sales and gross margins.
- Coordinates with the Training Department, Operations Staff, and/or any other person in management from the Minit Stop Administration team when help and direction is needed with any element of the Minit Stop in-house produced food service products.
- Works with the Operations Team to ensure that store employees and management are producing high quality food service products, adhering to Department of Health Food Safety requirements, and are merchandising/presenting/serving Minit Stop's food service products properly.
- Ensures that all locations comply with and adhere to the Department of Health's Chapter 50 food safety program. Ensures that all locations always achieve a “GREEN” rating from the Department of Health, and never a “YELLOW” or a “RED” rating.
- Sets standards and benchmarks for image, sanitation, display, and merchandising of Minit Stop's food service products. Works with and Consults with the Operations Team to ensures that store level employee actions and execution for all Minit Stop Fried Chicken and in-house food service programs are carried out without issue at all locations. Evaluate programs as required.
- Visits and inspects all stores on a regular basis to ensure Food Service program standards and merchandising are being adhered to. Provide reports to District Managers for corrective action if necessary.
- Complies with all Company's Rules of Conduct, policies, and procedures.
- Participates in Company related training sessions.
- Compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company safety, health, and environmental regulations.
- Regular attendance. Qualified absences related to the State and Federal Family Medical Leave Act, must be reported to Human Resources.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Competitive wages
- 401K with Company matching
- Vacation, holiday, sick leave benefits
- Employee Preferred HFN Program
- Bonus Program
Covid vaccination required.
Interested candidates may complete an application online and upload their resume at: http://www.hawaiipetroleum.com/careers/
Hawaii Petroleum, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities