Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Flight Operations
Publish Date: October 1, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
This position has relocation, great benefits. Please go to https://www.nac.aero/employment/ for more information.
The Flight Follower/Flight Control Agent performs job functions by application of 14CFR §91, §119 and §121, the company and departmental policies to expedite and ensure safety of flight by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly responsible for Operational Control of company aircraft according to FAR’s and Company procedures via chain of command through Director of Flight Operations.
• Plan each flight departure with the primary emphasis on safety, compliance and schedule continuity.
• Analyzes and evaluates information regarding weather and airport conditions in order to anticipate changes that may affect aircraft operations.
• Computes fuel requirements according to type of aircraft, distance, weather conditions, destination alternates(s) and FARs.
• Prepares flight plans and signs flight releases containing such information as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, PIREPs, and other information required for the safe completion of the flight.
• Assist the pilot in command of an aircraft with an emergency situation by providing any assistance necessary to ensure safe completion of the flight.
• Monitor the progress of each flight under Operational Control to ensure release compliance and update flight crew of significant changes to weather or flight plan and recommends alternative means in the interest of safety as needed.
• Authorized to delay or divert a flight if unsafe conditions pose a threat to the safety of the crew members, aircraft, cargo or flight.
• Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation with minimal supervision.
• Professionalism, accuracy and excellent communication skills required.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Must have FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate issued by the Department of Transportation
• Must be at least 23 years of age per FARs.
• Must have ability to maintain competency.
• Previous airline experience preferred.
• Must be proficient in a computer-based environment including Windows and web browsers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
• Ability to interpret a variety of technical information furnished in written, oral, mathematical and diagram form.
• Must be able to prioritize and be proactive in a fast-paced changing environment.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
NAC is part of Saltchuk which is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization — in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.