Flight Crew Scheduler
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Flight Operations
Publish Date: October 1, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Flight Crew Scheduler is responsible for performing all aspects of Crew Scheduling in accordance with Federal Aviation Regulations, Company policies, and the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). To perform this job successfully, an individual must be capable of performing each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains monthly pilot bid lines and schedules for all bases and fleets in compliance with applicable union agreements, Company policy, and FAA regulations.
- Coordinates and records all Open Time flying
- Schedule crewmembers effectively to achieve optimum results for the Company and meet flight time and duty restrictions.
- Coordinates and schedules all required crewmember training, working with the Manager of Pilot Training.
- Schedules pilot PTO as requested by crewmembers and approved by the Chief Pilot.
- Book travel and accommodations when necessary
- Ability to prepare and complete forms effectively and collate data and information all with a high degree of accuracy
- Schedules and monitors FAA-required line training and competency checks and works closely with the Training Department and/or Crew Planning to ensure simulator and ground training schedules.
- Implement the policies and goals established by Northern Air Cargo as directed by the Director of Operations and other management.
- Determine feasibility of executing scheduled trips and accommodating new trip requests based on overall network availability, crew availability and/or operational limitations on specific aircraft assignments.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision within established and contractually-compliant deadlines.
- Have superior communication skills and be able to work well as part of a Team, or alone, whenever necessary.
- Exhibit strong organizational, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Able to handle demands of the job while maintaining work/life balance, willing to work various hours, holidays, nights and weekend
- Ability to understand and work at an abstract level and utilize technology as a tool to solve complex scheduling problems.
- Must possess leadership, command presence, sophistication and the maturity necessary to support the activities in the Crew Resources department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Exceptional math skills are required.
- Must have ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from crewmembers and management with tact and professionalism.
- Previous Crew Scheduling or Aviation Industry experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Part 121 FAA Regulations is preferred.
- Experience with BlueOne Aircraft and Crew Management System preferred.
- Confidentiality and strong attention to detail and follow-through is required.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Position requires shift work – days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test, criminal background check and TSA security threat assessment.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- This position has a high level of interaction with internal stakeholders such as pilots and other members of the Systems Operation Control Center (SOCC).
- Ability to write grammatically correct business correspondence, procedures and routine reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respond verbally and in writing to candidates, employees, management, peers, etc.
- Ability to read and understand complex documents such as flight crew collective bargaining agreement, regulations, company policies and procedures, etc.
- Most work is performed in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation.
- Manual dexterity is required for heavy amount of computer input.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit.
- Will need to see, talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Be able to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.