Flight Control Agent (Dispatcher)
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: September 12, 2019
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
The Flight Control Agent performs job functions by application of 14CFR §91, §119 and §121, the company and departmental policies to expedite and ensure safety of flight by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directly responsible for Operational Control of company aircraft according to FAR’s and Company procedures via chain of command through Director of Flight Operations.
• Plan each flight departure with the primary emphasis on safety, compliance and schedule continuity.
• Analyzes and evaluates information regarding weather and airport conditions in order to anticipate changes that may affect aircraft operations.
• Computes fuel requirements according to type of aircraft, distance, weather conditions, destination alternates(s) and FARs.
• Prepares flight plans and signs flight releases containing such information as maximum allowable takeoff and landing weights, weather reports, field conditions, METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, PIREPs, and other information required for the safe completion of the flight.
• Assist the pilot in command of an aircraft with an emergency situation by providing any assistance necessary to ensure safe completion of the flight.
• Monitor the progress of each flight under Operational Control to ensure release compliance and update flight crew of significant changes to weather or flight plan and recommends alternative means in the interest of safety as needed.
• Authorized to delay or divert a flight if unsafe conditions pose a threat to the safety of the crew members, aircraft, cargo or flight.
• Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation with minimal supervision.
• Professionalism, accuracy and excellent communication skills required.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must have general education degree, or high school diploma. Working knowledge of applicable regulations required. Requires valid FAA Aircraft Dispatcher License. Strongly prefer prior dispatching experience. Familiarization with computers, Windows suite and web browsers. Previous 121 air carrier experience. Professionalism, accuracy, and excellent communication skills required. Must pass a pre-employment drug test, 5 year background check, 10 year criminal history records check, and security threat assessment.