Flight Control Agent Assistant
Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Flight Operations
Publish Date: December 30, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Northern Air Cargo (NAC) is a rapid growing organization looking for positive and energetic individuals to apply as Flight Control Agent Assistants. The Flight Control Agent Assistant supports the FCA on duty by application of 14CFR 91, 119 and 121, the company and the departmental policies and procedures to ensure safety of flight.
To apply for this job please visit www.nac.aero.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the FCA on duty planning each flight departure with the primary emphasis on safety, compliance, and schedule continuity.
- Participate in conjunction with the FCA on duty in evaluating information regarding weather and airport conditions to anticipate changes that may affect the aircraft operations.
- Assist the FCA on duty computing fuel requirements according to type of aircraft, distance, weather conditions and alternate airports as needed.
- Assist the FCA on duty by preparing flight plans containing information such as: maximum allowable weights, weather reports, field conditions METARs, TAFs, NOTAMs, PIREPs and other information required by the FCA for the safe completion of the flight.
- Must be able to work a schedule accommodating a 24/7 operation under the supervision of a fully qualified Flight Control Agent.
- Professionalism, accuracy, and excellent communications skills required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Flight Control.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to work under direct supervision of Flight Control Agent to ensure the quality and compliance of each flight release in accordance company policies and procedures. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education, Certification, Licenses and or Experience:
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Must be proficient in a computer-based environment including Windows and web browsers.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test, 5-year background check, 10-year criminal history records check, and security threat assessment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete and abstract variables.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical information furnished in written, oral, mathematical and diagram form.
- Must be able to prioritize and be proactive in a fast-paced changing environment.
As part of the Company’s continuing efforts to prioritize the health and wellbeing of its employees and those it serves, the Company will require that the individual who fills this role be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have an approved medical or religious accommodation exempting the individual from the requirement.
he intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.