Company: Delta Western
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Administrative, Maintenance, Operations
Publish Date: October 4, 2019
Company Description: Delta Western is the largest independent distributor of fuel and lubricants in Alaska. With the best customer service in the business, our company has become a household name in over 250 Alaskan communities. DWP travels waterways throughout Alaska to service some of the most remote communities in the state. The company safely navigates unique and challenging river and weather conditions. It is a lifeline to these locations, delivering a whole year’s supply of heating fuel, power generation fuel, unleaded gasoline, and lubricants. Lubricants are also distributed throughout the state from our distribution facilities, freight barge, and trucks on the Railbelt highway system. The company’s core belief is that safety is our first priority. Our Safety Management System includes continuous improvement, employee involvement at all levels, and aligning employee goals with company goals. DWP gives back to the communities it serves by supporting many charitable organizations, including donating $150,000 in scholarships for local high school students. Additionally, each of our remote sites supports charitable organizations through mentoring, volunteerism, and fundraising, making a personal difference in the communities they serve.
The Fleet Manager is responsible for the fleet as well as supporting the Site Managers in the coordination of purchases, maintenance, repairs and inventory of all Delta Western, Inlet Energy, and Northern Oilfield Solutions vehicles and equipment.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Supports the Site Managers in overseeing the maintenance and repairs of all vehicles and equipment assigned to Delta Western, Inlet Energy and Northern Oilfield Solutions.
- Administers and manages company fleet maintenance software, Fleetio, and ensures it is kept current and accurately reflects status of fleet vehicles.
- Ensures driver Daily Vehicle Inspection Reports are completed by vehicle drivers in Fleetio.
- Coordinates with Site Managers in monitoring the Company's preventive maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance is completed and scheduled as required by the manufacturers specifications.
- Provides monthly, YTD, and 5 year running summaries of M&R expenses for all pieces of fleet equipment. This is provided to each site manager and the Reliability Director.
- Maintains a "Dashboard" of performance metrics for fleet M&R performance and continuously works to minimize down time and costs of fleet M&R.
- Schedules services, repairs, and inspections from vendors outside of the site's community vendors. If local vendors are currently performing work for the sites, work with sites to continue scheduling the work for completion by local vendors.
- Ensures all vehicle inspections are completed: Quarterly, Annual, 5-Year Inspections.
- Keeps maintenance repair records on all company vehicles and equipment according to company & DOT Regulations.
- Maintains an inventory of commonly used parts in support of vehicles and equipment, maintenance, repairs, supplies, etc.
- Directly supervises Rolling Stock supervisor and indirectly supervises site based mechanics. This includes monitoring work, scheduling, performance feedback, and hiring.
- Works with the site managers to set priorities and schedule repairs, maintenance and service of vehicles to best support operational needs.
- Develops specifications for vehicles and equipment to be used; arranges the purchases and delivery of vehicles and equipment to all departments and assures that all vehicles and equipment purchased are licensed and registered as required by the State of Alaska laws.
- Monitors departments by analyzing vehicles and equipment utilization.
- Develops and maintains annual vehicle condition nspection reports and utlizes information to assist in budgeting or repair, service and replacement of company rolling stock.
- Submits the Rolling Stock Capital Budget, the Repair and Maintenance Budgets to include a review of past years expenses.
- Manages and provides updates on status of company CapEx regarding purchase and delivery of new vehicles.
- Performs company DOT licensing duties: MCS-150, UCR, Titles, Registrations, Renewals, Name or Document Changes
- Reconciles Invoices vs. PO’s & Parts Requisitions & Works orders.
- Manages PeopleNet eLogs concerning daily reviews & edits. Conducting Hours of Service, eLog, and Paper Log New Driver Training & refreshers
- Follows DOT Regulations and facilitates DOT audits.
- Participates in safety meetings and reports all injuries, spills and property damage. Identifies and communicates job hazards. Informs management of safety, environmental, and mechanical concerns in a timely manner. Supports safety initiatives and continuously looks for opportunities to improve safety performance and minimize property damage from fleet activities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position.? They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified.? All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED; and 4 years field experience, or a combination of education and experience.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations: Valid Class A CDL with tanker, air-brake, and Hazmat endorsement