Financial Analyst – Riviera Beach Job ID 9361
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Publish Date: May 3, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Responsible for preparation of financial assessments of operating activities, capital investments, and business acquisitions and divestitures as well as assisting in the coordination, administration and enhancement of financial and operating budgets and forecasts
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Developing, enhancing, and preparing managerial accounting and financial reports, analyzing, and interpreting results, and making recommendations to enhance business processes and profitability.
- Prepares, maintains, and recommends enhancements to the 5 year and 1-year financial forecasts. Analyzes forecasts and makes recommendations to enhance business processes and profitability.
- Administers, coordinates, and recommends enhancements to annual operating and capital budget processes. Analyzes budgets for consistency and operating and financial implications. Participates in budget reviews.
- Develops computer models for the purpose of analyzing, forecasting, and controlling financial data relating to investment alternatives and new projects. Analyzes and evaluates financial and operating implications of financial data and makes recommendations to enhance business processes and profitability.
- Prepares and/or trains others on completion of financial justifications for capital expenditures.
- Prepares financial assessments/analysis is support of post investment reviews for Tropical Companies.
- Utilizes cost accounting principles and activity analysis techniques to prepare special financial studies. Evaluates results and makes recommendations to enhance business processes and profitability.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:||Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance|
|EXPERIENCE:||Three years’ experience in financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting and financial modeling.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver’s License and Valid Passport|
|TRAVEL:||10% Travel to other Tropical locations|
|PHYSICAL:||Office Environment - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer. Ability to bend or stoop to retrieve lower shelf files. Ability to reach overhead to retrieve upper shelf files. ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of day. Ability to travel in various modes of transportation (e.g. automobile, airplane, train etc.) Occasionally exposed to outside elements during traveling.|