Company: Hawaii Petroleum
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Accounting, Administrative, Finance, Management
Publish Date: September 30, 2021
Company Description: We are Hawaii’s preferred provider of petroleum products, convenience retailing and signature island fare. Hawaii Petroleum and Minit Stop Stores are locally operated subsidiaries of Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Local companies, Aloha Air Cargo and Young Brothers/Hawaiian Tug & Barge are also part of the Saltchuk family. Our company’s success is based on one simple idea – putting customers first. We offer reliable, excellent service, quality products, fresh ideas and friendly aloha. When they drive up to our neighborhood pumps, shop at our convenience stores or purchase petroleum for their businesses, our customers can count on a positive experience with our well-trained and professional employees. The Hawaii Petroleum ‘ohana enjoys a culture that treats all employees with special care and aloha. In our complex operation, every job is important to the success of whole company, and we all rely on one another – one canoe, many paddles. If you are interested in long-term employment in a stable company where you can grow, take pride in your work and be part of a winning team, please complete the Hawaii Petroleum Application for Employment. We offer competitive salaries, top benefits and future opportunities in our network of companies.
Pay Rate: DOE
The incumber is responsible for financial planning, analysis, and projections. Works on forecasting future revenues and expenditures to establish cost structures and determine capital budgeting for projects. In addition, the incumbent will be analyzing company software and make suggestion on how utilization of software can foster business improvements and the streamlining of accounting practices. Also, implement these business improvements and accounting practices
To apply for this job please visit www.hawaiipetroleum.com.
1. Analyzes current and past financial data and performance. Creates reports and projections based on this analysis.
2. Improves financial status by analyzing results, monitoring variances, identifying trends, recommending actions to management.
3. Reconciles transactions by comparing and correcting data.
4. Increases productivity by developing automated accounting applications, coordinating information requirements.
5. Guides cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures, providing trends and forecasts, explaining processes and techniques, recommending actions.
6. Analyzes Accounting system software to understand how the system work, assists users with reporting requirements, and with creation of business reports.
7. Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
8. Works closely with all levels of management and different departments
9. Coordinates with other members of the team (internal and external) to review financial information and forecasts. Provides financial models.
10. Protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
11. Maintains technical knowledge of current software to remain up to date on latest upgrades.
12. Assists in planning, overseeing and leading projects from beginning through completion.
13. Participates in work and Company related training.
14. Complies with all Company’s Rules of Conduct, policies and procedures.
15. Regular attendance. Qualified absences related to the State and Federal Family Medical Leave Act must be reported to Human Resources.
16. Other duties and special projects as assigned.
COVID vaccination required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Business Administration required. Financial analysis experience required
- Ability of analyze financial data and create reports.
- Ability to establish and implement accounting policies, procedures, and work standards.
- Have a working knowledge of internal control framework and GAAP.
- Provide highest level of service.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to present complex material to a variety of audiences.
Computer Skills: Must be knowledgeable or Accounting Software, databases, Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and SharePoint.