Company: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Accounting, Finance
Publish Date: April 27, 2021
Company Description: Saltchuk Marine Shared Services’ dynamic service-driven team provides a suite of support services including Accounting, Finance, Information Technology (IT), Human Resources (HR), HSQE, Legal/Risk, Fleet Monitoring and Business Development to Saltchuk Marine operating companies: Foss Maritime, AmNav, Cook Inlet Tug & Barge, and Young Brothers. Our team enables our sister companies to focus on the important work of keeping ships and cargo moving safely. SMSS is headquartered in Downtown Seattle’s Pioneer Square neighborhood with easy transit access and a beautiful view of Puget Sound.
Saltchuk Marine Shared Services
The Finance Manager focuses on the core Financial, Planning & Analysis calendar, leading the Long Range Plan, budget, rolling monthly forecasts, and reporting to Senior Leadership and Saltchuk. This is a critical area for FP&A, strong leadership and collaboration skills is required in order to be successful in this position.
- Responsible for consolidated annual budgeting, rolling monthly forecasting, monthly reporting, and ad hoc reporting.
- Preparing materials, analyses, and presentations for Board of Directors and senior management, to deliver a comprehensive story.
- Develop and serve as primary administrator of long-range financial model, which includes incorporating modeling from harbor services, project services, M&A and SG&A, as well as capital expenditures.
- Analyze and monitor consolidated current and past trends in KPI including operational and financial metrics.
- Support the tracking and reporting of capital expenditure, including regular monitoring vs plan
- Recommend and execute Continuous Improvement ideas.
- Ad hoc analyses.
- Leading and participating in various projects throughout the year
- Understands and complies with Foss’ Affirmative Action Plan, EEO, Non-Discrimination, Harassment, and all other HR policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates regional/department goals and objectives.
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve company Core Values, Mission and Safety Vision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Adheres to all company policies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience and interest in managing a team or managing an end-to-end process, which involves multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical/quantitative skills, critical thinker, and an innate curiosity to find actionable insights in a timely manner.
- Understanding of accounting concepts, financial statements and how they interact.
- Ability to work well with and be of service to others at all levels.
- Modern finance skills (Advanced Excel, SQL, SAP knowledge preferred, PowerApps preferred)
- Very strong attention to detail as work is fast-paced and supports significant financial decisions
- Self-starter, able to work in an unstructured environment, manage longer-term projects, and pro-actively identify solutions
- Demonstrated ability to translate business performance and financial results; understanding and ability to articulate how the business operates
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to communicate financial concepts and reports to non-financial managers.
- Experience with financing transactions or mergers & acquisition due diligence preferred.
This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in business management, finance, or accounting. MBA strongly preferred. Seven plus years of relevant experience, particularly in financial analysis, reporting, forecasting and planning. Willingness to periodically travel as required.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.