Facility Maintenance Worker
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Maintenance
Publish Date: March 17, 2021
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for performing facility and property maintenance tasks for the following terminals: Anchorage, Kenai, Seward, Fairbanks, and PUO.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Inspects building and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations
- Performs minor electrical maintenance to include but not limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, incandescent and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances and cords) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replace or repair leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, garbage disposals, and rebuilding valves)
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, power sprayer or roller to apply paints, stains and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles)
- Reconfigures, installs, positions and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and to maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools and chemicals
- Ensure building cleanliness including corridors, stairways, parking lots, warehouse and other work areas
- Coordinate with contractors submitting bids for work at Carlile facilities
- Maintains inventory of consumables and supplies for the dock and yard
- Performs fabrication (welding, cutting, grinding) duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED; a 2-year trade school is preferred
- Four to six years’ experience in facility maintenance
- Valid Alaska drivers license
- Required to supply own tools