Experienced Staff Auditor/Senior Internal Auditor
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Other
Publish Date: November 13, 2018
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
Experienced Staff Auditor/Senior Internal Auditor, Seattle or West Palm Beach
Who are you?
You’re an experienced and detail-oriented audit professional. You’re motivated, prefer in-person meetings to glean a better sense of the overall operation, and understand the importance of your role as a trusted advisor to the shareholders, the Audit Committee, and Saltchuk leadership.
As an Experienced Staff Auditor or Senior Internal Auditor, be prepared to spend up to 20 percent of your time on the road, participating in financial, operational and compliance audits for our six primary operating groups and corporate office. You can choose Seattle or West Palm Beach, Florida as your base, but you’ll travel to the Caribbean, Central and South America, and U.S. locations that include Alaska and Hawaii.
Responsibilities of an Experienced Staff Auditor/Senior Internal Auditor:
- You’ll support or lead multiple, simultaneous risk-based audits for the company’s six primary operating groups and corporate office.
- You’ll function both as part of a team and independently as required, communicating progress clearly and concisely.
- You’ll participate in audit planning; effectively completing fieldwork, work papers and reporting for integrated audit engagements.
- You understand the business risks, technology risks, and related controls.
- You’ll document and evaluate the adequacy of existing internal controls through the review of written procedures, interviews and audit tests.
- You’ll document observations, and work with business personnel to develop practical, value-added solutions.
- You’ll prepare audit reports that accurately summarize the most significant results, control weaknesses, and potential impacts to the organization.
A Consummate Professional who Demonstrates Integrity:
- You’ll function in a highly professional and confidential manner consistent with the Institute of Internal Auditor’s International Professional Practices Framework, and other professional standards.
The Big Picture:
- You’ll be a key contributor to the Internal Audit’s vision of becoming a trusted advisor to our stakeholders.
- You understand the Saltchuk organization, and develop relationships to provide tangible business value.
- You’ll partner with other groups inside and outside the organization – operating company management, finance personnel, and external auditors – to be a resource in designing and assessing appropriate processes and internal controls.
- You’ll provide input regarding internal department initiatives, such as training needs, departmental development and other internal projects.
- You’ll represent Saltchuk Resources, Inc. Internal Audit on company initiatives and special projects.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- You’re a CPA, CIA or will be one (or hold a similar certification) soon.
Experience and Skills:
- You have at least two years of internal audit experience (or three years as a Senior Internal Auditor) in a public, corporate or government setting, including previous experience supporting the planning, execution, and documentation of internal audits consistent with professional standards, policies, and procedures.
- You have demonstrated skills in building relationships and trust.
- You have a strong understanding of financial statements and related auditing techniques.
- You have previous experience with Sarbanes-Oxley, documenting internal controls, related processes and performing process walkthroughs required.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- You’re proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and we’d prefer you to have experience with Visio, data analysis (Axiom) and TeamMate+ Audit.
- Speak Spanish? That’s a plus!
What benefits does Saltchuk offer?
You’ll get market-competitive benefits aimed at supporting you and your family: medical, dental and vision plans, life insurance, and disability benefits. We also practice generous 401(k) company matching to help you save for your future.
All Saltchuk companies prohibit discrimination on the basis of race; gender, gender identity, or gender expression; sexual orientation; geographic background; national origin; culture; age; disability; veteran status; economic status; marital status; religious beliefs; or genetics.
Excited? We’d love to hear from you.
Riley Toher, HR Coordinator
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org