Executive Assistant III
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Administrative
Publish Date: June 5, 2019
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
Perform administrative duties for President and CEO, enhancing executive effectiveness by providing information management support and representing executive to others. Provide administrative support to other executive management team members as requested. Responsibilities include: managing calendars; making travel, meeting and event arrangements; preparing and editing written materials; and customer relations. This position must provide excellent service to a broad range of internal and external customers.
- Maintain the President and CEO’s calendar, scheduling internal and external appointments, and coordinating travel arrangements.
- Manage information and activity flow for the President and CEO, including prioritizing requests for time, screening phone calls, hosting visitors, rescheduling appointments, etc.
- Bring to the President and CEO’s attention only those relevant issues and issues which require immediate attention.
- Coordinate executive meetings and conference calls including making room reservations, managing invitations and RSVPs, and compiling agendas.
- Provide overflow administrative support to executive team members, including calendaring, documentation and project support, event coordination, etc.
- Conserve executives’ time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Serve as event planner for corporate-sponsored and executive activities as required.
- Responsibilities include booking venues, selecting and managing catering, coordinating communications and presentation materials, managing audio visual requirements, arranging travel, lodging and ground transportation, processing invoices and requesting payment, and other miscellaneous duties depending upon the nature of the event.
- Coordinate appropriate materials for meetings, appointments, and presentations.
- Act as Confidential Secretary to President and CEO, preparing, editing, and processing a wide variety of complex and confidential reports, letters and correspondence.
- Compile, create, and maintain various reports, data and information using software applications that may require an advanced level of knowledge.
- Independently assist in or lead special and ad-hoc projects related to division or corporate activities.
- Work at times may be complex, cyclical, sensitive, and highly confidential in nature and based on an in-depth knowledge of business unit-specific policies, processes, and procedures.
- Chair Space Planning Committee, acting as coordinator for new work space requests and relocations. Convene committee meetings and coordinate communication.
- Process expense reports, coordinate special purchases and payment for invoices.
- Provide historical reference by developing and maintaining electronic and physical files; record meeting discussions and action items.
- Oversee and coordinate annual charitable giving activities, including: convening quarterly committee meetings, managing GivingTrax database and incoming requests, managing annual reporting, approving and coordinating ad hoc charitable giving requests received by the Company.
- Assist with general administrative office functions such as mail distribution, supply ordering and computer support.
- Compile and maintain company commercial and marketing literature.
- Coordinate annual Foss Calendar selection, artist reception and calendar sales.
- Perform special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adhere to all company policies.
- Accomplish all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent customer service, communication (oral and written), interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to interface successfully at different levels within the organization.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and apply knowledge of corporate activities, agendas, policies and events.
- A team player, with ability to create and maintain positive relationships with customers, vendors, community leaders, subsidiary company executives, peers and other departments within the company.
- Ability to think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism.
- Detail oriented, with demonstrated ability to perform highly accurate work.
- Ability to deal with confidential matters.
- Ability to organize workload and prioritize projects in an ever changing environment.
- Ability to remain calm during times of stress.
- Command of English language necessary for oral, written and telephone communications.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Requires 5+ years of progressively responsible administrative or executive support experience, preferably for the top position in an organization. Work is mostly performed in a normal office environment. May be required to work more than a normal workweek, including weekends. Travel may also be required. Regular and predictable attendance is a requirement.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.