Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation
Publish Date: April 6, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Great opportunity with growing air cargo company! Looking for experienced A&P mechanic from 121 environment. Work on aircraft induction, engineering orders, etc. Prior engineering experience very helpful. Boeing experience ideal.
Assist the Manager of Engineering in monitoring, reviewing and coordinating compliance and recording of airworthiness directives, instructions for continued airworthiness requirements, engineering orders and service bulletins. Provide engineering data needed for major modifications and/or alterations. Assists in the acquisition of new aircraft to the Company fleet. Aids in developing, preparing and revising technical documentation.
- Assist Manager of Engineering with preparing documentations such as, but not limited to engineering orders, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, major modification and/or alterations ICA’s and maintenance forms.
- Assist Manager of Engineering with preparation of bridging/Transition document for new aircraft acquisitions.
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance Control and/or line maintenance.
- Review and evaluate with the Manager, Engineering and coordinate cumulation of technical requirements with Quality Assurance Analyst among the respective maintenance principles for review.
- FAA, Ads, NPRM and final rules – to establish applicability, method of compliance, initiate EO, fleet inspection or incorporate changes in maintenance programs and manuals. Initiate AD compliance flow to disseminate compliance criteria of the airworthiness directive.
- Vendor and OEM service bulletins, service letters, Structural item interim advisory notices, Boeing and industry discussion forums and fleet team digest.
- Major modifications/Alterations instructions for continued airworthiness.
- Assists the Manager, Engineering in the review all airworthiness directives, final rules, time-limited repairs and major repairs received to:
- Establish applicability
- Initiate AD compliance flow to disseminate compliance criteria of the airworthiness directive.
- Method of compliance – Initiate EO, fleet inspection or incorporation into Maintenance Program.
- Ensure incorporation of all CFR mandates and airworthiness directives in a timely manner.
- Evaluate data to support recommendations and basic policies regarding technical services and support requirements.
- Contribute to a positive and productive work environment
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Must have valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) licenses.
- Need minimum 4 years of aircraft maintenance experience with 14 CFR Part 121 transport category aircraft.
- Experience with aircraft induction strongly preferred.
- Boeing 737 & 767 experience preferred.
- Must demonstrate strong general knowledge of FAA CFR 14, Part 121 rules.
- Need working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to recognize, understand and create Microsoft Excel formulas preferred.
- AutoCAD experience helpful, but not required.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and wiring diagrams.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test, background check and TSA security check.
- Must be familiar with or quickly become familiar with NAC maintenance program/policies/procedures.
- Must have good mathematical skills and able to use calculators.
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally without restriction.
- Project costing experience preferred.
- Aircraft engineering experience, preferred.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
- Ability to read and understand government regulations (i.e. FAA regulations), aircraft service bulletins, general business documents, professional journals, contracts, etc.
- Ability to interpret complex material such as government regulations or engineering data and translate into information that can be used by others (i.e. line or repair station mechanics).
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior leaders, managers, employees and outside agencies.
- Typically works in an office environment with adequate lighting and ventilation and a normal range of temperature and noise level.
- Time will be also be spent in maintenance hangar environment around aircraft and aircraft equipment. Temperature and noise levels may fluctuate.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, sit for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- Vision requirements include close vision.
- The employee is frequently required to use hand and fingers for computer input.
- May occasionally be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
The intent of this Description is to provide a representative summary of the major responsibilities performed and results expected by persons assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Incumbents may be required to perform other job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.