Company: Northern Air Cargo
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Aviation, Engineering
Publish Date: January 15, 2021
Company Description: Northern Air Cargo (NAC), headquartered in Anchorage, is Alaska largest all-cargo airline and the longest continuously operating cargo airline in North America. NAC has provided airfreight services to Alaska’s rural communities for more than 60 years and is rapidly expanding to include air cargo flight operations throughout the western hemisphere and Hawaii. NAC maintains a fleet of Boeing 737 and 767 freighters and operates pilot bases in Anchorage, Honolulu, Miami and Laredo. NAC’s fleet of B737s provide schedule service between Anchorage and 13 Alaska communities and charter service throughout North America (both on-demand and ACMI). While the B767 fleet operates out of Miami in support of sister company StratAir and out of Honolulu in support of sister company Aloha Air Cargo.
Northern Air Cargo
Assist the Manager of Engineering in monitoring, reviewing and coordinating compliance and recording of airworthiness directives, major modification and/or alterations, instructions for continued airworthiness requirements, engineering orders and service bulletins. Assists in the acquisition of new aircraft to the Company fleet. Aids in developing, preparing and revising technical documentation.
- Assist Manager of Engineering with preparing documentations such as, but not limited to engineering orders, airworthiness directives, service bulletins, major modification and/or alterations ICA’s and maintenance forms.
- Assist Manager of Engineering with preparation of bridging/Transition document for new aircraft acquisitions.
- Provide engineering support to Maintenance Control and/or line maintenance.
- Review and evaluate with the Manager, Engineering and coordinate cumulation of technical requirements with Quality Assurance Analyst among the respective maintenance principles for review.
- FAA, Ads, NPRM and final rules – to establish applicability, method of compliance, initiate EO, fleet inspection or incorporate changes in maintenance programs and manuals. Initiate AD compliance flow to disseminate compliance criteria of the airworthiness directive.
- Vendor and OEM service bulletins, service letters, Structural item interim advisory notices, Boeing and industry discussion forums and fleet team digest.
- Major modifications/Alterations instructions for continued airworthiness.
- Assists the Manager, Engineering in the review all airworthiness directives, final rules, time-limited repairs and major repairs received to:
- Establish applicability
- Initiate AD compliance flow to disseminate compliance criteria of the airworthiness directive.
- Method of compliance – Initiate EO, fleet inspection or incorporation into Maintenance Program.
- Ensure incorporation of all CFR mandates and airworthiness directives in a timely manner.
- Evaluate data to support recommendations and basic policies regarding technical services and support requirements.
- Such other duties as assigned by the Manager, Engineering or Director Quality Control.
Perform needed Designated Engineering Representative functions for either Structures, Electrical/Avionics, or interiors.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2 years’ experience in 14 CFR Part 121 aircraft maintenance and inspection program.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, managers or outside agencies.
- Ability to read and write reports and business correspondence in English using
- Microsoft Word and Excel program.
- Must have good mathematical skills and able to use calculators.
- Must have a good general knowledge of FAA CFR 14, Part 121 rules
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and wire diagrams.
- Aircraft engineering experience, preferred.
- Boeing 737 & 767 experience, preferred.
- Ability to recognize, understand and create Microsoft Excel formulas preferred.
- Possession of a current FAA Designated Engineering Representative certificate. This can be either Structures, Electrical/Avionics, or interior, preferred.
- Company will train on specific safety and maintenance program
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of mechanics, managers or outside agencies. Ability to read and write reports and business correspondence in English using Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
Must be familiar with NAC maintenance policies/procedures. Must have good organizational skills. Must be able to interpret regulatory requirements.
Must be able to stand for long periods of time, sit for extended periods of time. Some minor lifting may be required. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.