Driver/Dock Attendant – Dutch Harbor, Alaska!
Location: Dutch Harbor
Company: Delta Western
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: July 31, 2019
Company Description: Delta Western is the largest independent distributor of fuel and lubricants in Alaska. With the best customer service in the business, our company has become a household name in over 250 Alaskan communities. DWP travels waterways throughout Alaska to service some of the most remote communities in the state. The company safely navigates unique and challenging river and weather conditions. It is a lifeline to these locations, delivering a whole year’s supply of heating fuel, power generation fuel, unleaded gasoline, and lubricants. Lubricants are also distributed throughout the state from our distribution facilities, freight barge, and trucks on the Railbelt highway system. The company’s core belief is that safety is our first priority. Our Safety Management System includes continuous improvement, employee involvement at all levels, and aligning employee goals with company goals. DWP gives back to the communities it serves by supporting many charitable organizations, including donating $150,000 in scholarships for local high school students. Additionally, each of our remote sites supports charitable organizations through mentoring, volunteerism, and fundraising, making a personal difference in the communities they serve.
Do you have a CDL Class B and want to work in one of the coolest places in Alaska?
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED; and one year commercial driving or fueling experience.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Valid Alaska Class B CDL with X endorsement
- Forklift Certficate
This position is responsible for providing fuel via dock or truck to customers.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Greet customers. Provides fuel to fishing customers, ensuring safe fueling of the vessels
- Completes purchase order requests and delivers to warehouse administrator. Delivers prepared packaged product and oil lubes to customers.
- Deploys boom in event of fuel spill.
- Completes meter sheets and invoices and submits to office in a timely manner.
- Maintains dock and yard cleanliness which includes strapping drums, cleaning drip pans, burning sorbents and used filters, banding pallets of drums, stacking employ pallets and disposing of garbage.
- Checks hoses and equipment daily for damage.
- Safely delivers fuel to home heating customers, Power House and other customers in a timely manner. Completes invoices and submits to office daily. Reports for Foreperson, Lead or Manager any conditions that may make the delivery unsafe.
- Clean as needed to maintain a professional appearance with trucks and facility.
- Submits received credit applications to the office.
- Participates in safety meetings and reports all injuries, spills and property damage. Identifies and communicates job hazards.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.