Documentation Coordinator – Riviera Beach Job ID 9352
Location: West Palm Beach
Company: Tropical Shipping
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: May 3, 2021
Company Description: Tropical has been rated as "best place to work" in the shipping industry for 10 years in a row. Employees enjoy our team spirit & work ethic and many have been with us for as long as 30 years. From those in the office to the team loading docks and conducting ship work, Tropical employees across the US, Canada, Bahamas and Caribbean reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business. We see diversity and inclusiveness as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, and competitive advantage. We hire great people and our teams feel a lot like family. Together we do outstanding work and we enjoy a fun healthy work life balance.
Responsible for obtaining all documentation from Customers or Freight Forwarders to ensure the timely movement of cargo from pick up through vessel loading. Reviews all documents for compliance to all applicable governmental regulations. Enters documentation into TLink and updates Customer and shipment information as required.
To apply for this job please visit www.tropical.com.
- Updates all Job and Partner information and consolidations in TLink. Scans documents, monitors workplans and performs processes to meet cut-off deadlines.
- Identifies all necessary documentation required for export of cargo. Contacts Customers or Freight Forwarders regarding missing or incorrect paperwork.
- Reviews documents to meet requirements of US Customs and other government agencies export regulations. Reviews and files EEIs with US Census.
- Contacts Customers to arrange pick up of containers from shipper/suppliers or assist with any logistical needs in conjunction with Dispatch and Control Center. Updates TLink as required.
- Reviews jobs for CTL/CTS status changes and liaises with Control Center.
- Informs Customers on Tropical services such as National Pick Up, Intermodal, and Insurance and provides terms and rates. Quotes rates on prepaid shipments.
- Consolidates cargo as requested by Customer in accordance with consolidation agreements and guidelines.
- Monitors workplans to assist with re-booking cargo when rolling jobs, follows up on freight payments by sending invoices and placing phone calls.
- Applies payments of freight charges to Carrier Release.
- Assists Ports with inquiries on cargo status and tracking.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION:||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|EXPERIENCE:||One to Three years of related experience.|
|LICENSE:||Valid Local Driver's License.|
|PHYSICAL:||Office Environment - Manual dexterity to perform repetitive motion tasks on computer. Ability to bend or stoop to retrieve lower shelf files. Ability to reach overhead to retrieve upper shelf files. Ability to sit 1/3 - 2/3 of day. Ability to work on feet for 1/3 - 2/3 day.|