Dock Worker Swing Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Trucking, Warehouse
Publish Date: July 9, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for loading, unloading, receiving, handling and shipping of freight. This position is on a 4/10’s, Tuesday through Friday schedule. The shift is from 11:30 am to 10:00 pm.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Read customer orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed and/or shipped
- Load/unload containers, lift materials, verify and receive POs and BOLs, count and label
- Pack and/or ship materials in compliance with DOT and Carlile policies and procedures
- Consolidate boxes and pallets for shipment
- Note damaged freight, record on BOL and photograph
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with focus on the care and custody of materials
- Prepare and prioritize orders for shipment to include delivery documents
- Prioritize and complete day-to-day activities as assigned based on customer needs
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Previous material handling and forklift experience preferred