Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Engineering, Operations, Trucking, Warehouse
Publish Date: September 17, 2018
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for safely and efficiently loading, unloading, receiving, handling, issuing, inventory, and shipping of warehouse materials. Operates forklifts and other material handling equipment as required, and operates light-duty trucks to and from required/various locations.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSE policies and procedures
- Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped
- Load/unload containers, lift materials, and identify, label, count, receive, and issue materials
- Uses Warehouse Management System to process freight
- Pack and/or ship materials in compliance with DOT and hazardous materials regulations
- Maintain good housekeeping standards with focus on the care and custody of materials
- Pick orders and prepare for delivery to include delivery documents
- Prioritize and complete day-to-day activities as assigned based on customer needs
- Work in Bonded Warehouse and follow instructions for bonding requirements
- Demonstrate a pro-active approach toward safety and health in compliance with all Company, Governmental and Customer requirements
- Performs all other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Previous material handling, HAZMAT, and forklift experience preferred
- Previous experience using Warehouse Management System preferred
- Current Driver’s License required
- Ability to work overtime when required