Dock Supervisor Graveyard Shift
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: May 14, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for acting as a liaison between dock personnel and other departments when freight issues and/or discrepancies arise.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Responsible for the efficient and effective handling of all freight within assigned area of responsibility
- Will coordinate, troubleshoot, and expedite any issues that occur on the dock for internal/external customers.
- Oversees dock workers and leads, providing work direction, mentorship, development, and training.
- Ensure the accurate processing and completion of customer orders, shipping orders, or requisitions
- Coordinate, schedule, and maintain internal and external shipments per established guidelines
- Comply with DOT, local, state and federal, and company policies and procedures.
- Lead efficient and timely coordination between the dock, yard, and dispatch business units
- Prepare reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals as needed
- Will directly support the Dock Manager with day-to-day operations and assume the role whenever the manager is off-site.
- Interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
- Field incoming calls and emails, responding appropriately.
- All other duties as assigned
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent required; additional education is preferred.
- Five years’ experience in warehousing, materials handling, or a related field is required including 2 years of supervisory experience.
- Experience with the unique transportation industry within and to/from Alaska is strongly preferred
- Facilities management experience preferred
- Current driver’s license required