Location: Prudhoe Bay
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: February 3, 2020
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service, efficient cargo pick-up and delivery, and optimal equipment turn-time.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Responsible for the routing, scheduling and dispatching of drivers, equipment and freight loads going out daily/nightly and reporting activities to the Operations group
- Ensure that all container numbers, times and dates are received from drivers and enter into the dispatch system
- Provides excellent customer service on the phone and when arranging for pick-ups and deliveries
- Communicates with Carlile dispatchers at various location as well as on-site personnel at customer sites to coordinate the movement of freight
- Support the safe operation of all trucks, drivers and related trucking operations
- Performs dispatch functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments for trailers, create freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
- Support full compliance with all transportation and federal and state safety regulations
- Coordinate with vendors the scheduling of the repair and maintenance of PUO assigned vehicles and repairs
- Responsible as the Operations Support Coordinator (on and off-duty)
- Will, within parameters work on permitting vehicles for the movement of freight
- Responsible for ensuring all of the appropriate actions and paperwork is completed for safety incidents at PUO and north of Coldfoot
- Will perform daily checks of the yard and communicate with yard personnel on scheduled work activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum of two years transportation / dispatch experience
- SIDA and APSC badging required
- Valid driver’s license
- Forklift experience preferred