Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Logistics, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: November 4, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for ensuring a high level of customer service, efficient cargo pick-up and delivery, and optimal equipment turn-time.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Responsible for the routing, scheduling and dispatching of drivers, equipment and freight loads going out daily/nightly and reporting activities to the Operations group
- Ensure that all container numbers, times and dates are received from drivers and enter into the dispatch system
- Verify customer invoicing and rating
- Provides excellent customer service on the phone and when arranging for pick-ups and delivers
- Communicates with dispatch at various customer sites to coordinate the movement of freight
- Assist customers with setting appointments and with other issues at locations
- Support the safe operation of all trucks, drivers and related trucking operations
- Performs administrative functions such as printing delivery receipts, manifest shipments for trailers, create freight bills, trace shipments, etc.
- Support 100% compliance with all transportation and safety regulations, Federal, State and WISHA
- Prepare a variety of reports for operations, customers and for internal use
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years transportation / dispatch experience