Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: November 29, 2018
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for the management of dispatching activities to include the routing, scheduling, and dispatching of drivers, equipment and freight loads and the reporting of those activities.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures.
- Identify, plan, design, and implement processes and procedures that optimize the use of resources, improve services, and reduce costs
- Promptly report and investigates all accidents, incidents, and injuries in accordance with company policy
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations, company policy, and all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Create efficiencies between terminals by maximizing equipment and driver utilization
- Manage the dispatchers who oversee line and local drivers
- Work with the R & M department to ensure equipment is properly maintained and available for use
- Work closely with Regulatory Compliance department to maintain driver files and training
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Work with Freight Operations Manager in a daily basis planning for staffing, freight and equipment movement, etc.
- Work with Account Executives as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or a related field is preferred
- Class A CDL is preferred
- Five to seven years’ dispatching, or progressively responsible experience in LTL transportation including at least two years of supervisory experience
- Experience with transportation industry-specific software