Dispatch Operations Manager
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: October 7, 2021
Company Description: Carlile is a trucking and logistics company that’s proudly Alaskan. Headquartered in Anchorage, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career – on the road or in the office – this is a unique place to build one. Carlile’s training and career advancement programs turn beginning drivers and mechanics into elite professionals able to provide lifesaving supplies to customers living in some of the harshest conditions on Earth. Our Veteran Mentorship Program shows our deep respect for current and former members of the United States Armed Forces – drivers and mechanics as well as professional support staff are all invited to apply to become part of another proud tradition: serving Alaska.
Pay Rate: $65K-$104K
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures.
- Identify, plan, design, and implement processes and procedures that optimize the use of resources, improve services, and reduce costs
- Promptly report and investigates all accidents, incidents, and injuries in accordance with company policy
- Ensures compliance with DOT regulations, company policy, and all applicable local, state, and federal laws
- Create efficiencies between terminals by maximizing equipment and driver utilization
- Manage the dispatchers who oversee line and local drivers
- Work with the R & M department to ensure equipment is properly maintained and available for use
- Work closely with Regulatory Compliance department to maintain driver files and training
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations as well as company policies and procedures
- Work with Freight Operations Manager in a daily basis planning for staffing, freight and equipment movement, etc.
- Work with Account Executives as necessary
- Perform other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience and Certifications)
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Logistics, or a related field is preferred
- Class A CDL is preferred
- Five to seven years’ dispatching, or progressively responsible experience in LTL transportation including at least two years of supervisory experience
- Experience with transportation industry-specific software
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in MS Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Excellent written, verbal, and listening communication skills
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments, inspires the trust of others, works with integrity and ethically, upholds organizational values
- Strong organizational and customer service skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal as well as analytical skills and attention to detail
- Basic understanding of mathematical concepts
- Basic understanding of financial management principles and concepts
- Must have excellent customer service skills
- Must be able to multi-task with the ability to prioritize
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and other office related devices. The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and in a generally hazard free environment.
Carlile will make a reasonable accommodation(s) wherever necessary for all employees or applicants with disabilities, provided the individual is otherwise qualified to safely perform the essential duties and assignments connected with the job and provided that any accommodations made do not impose an undue hardship on Carlile.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.