Dispatch Operation Supervisor
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Trucking
Publish Date: August 1, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
The candidate in this position is required to safely and efficiently route, schedule, and dispatch professional truck drivers, principally heavy haul and line drivers.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures.
- Receive and process bills of lading, driver vehicle inspection reports (EDVIR) and other transportation documents.
- Interact with, assist and dispatch professional truck drivers.
- Enter bills into TruckMate
- Ensure the completion of POD’s (Proof of Delivery) to the system
- Generate manifests for outbound trailers
- Update status on moves of driver and equipment in dispatch system
- Prepare permits and submit to AK State D.O.T.
- Enter data, sort and generate new manifests
- Research given quotes to corresponding bill of ladings
- Verify accuracy of documents and make changes or corrections as necessary
- Will approve time for drivers
- Receive freight pickup calls from customers and respond to incoming phone calls
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two to three years related transportation, industry-related experience
- Valid driver’s license
- CDL A license preferred