Dispatch Administrative Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Operations, Trucking
Publish Date: March 18, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible to ensure hard copy shipping documents are correct to align with billing and DOT requirements.
- Operate safely and in compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Receive Bills of Lading, Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports (DVIR), Driver Logs and other transportation documents.
- Interact with and assist drivers, dock and management personnel.
- Assist driver supervisors/dispatch personnel with dispatching duties.
- Enter bills for tractor dispatch and LTL dispatch.
- Post POD’s (Proof of Delivery) to the system.
- Generate manifests for outbound trailers.
- Generate labels for all freight and for distribution to the drivers.
- Enter data, sort it and then generate new manifests for consolidations.
- Research missing freight.
- Respond to incoming phone calls.
- Verify accuracy of documents and make changes or corrections as necessary.
- Review documents such as bills of lading and related documents in order to compute fees and charges.
- Takes freight pickup calls from customers.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years related experience