Director/Senior Director, Human Resources
Company: Saltchuk Resources
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Human Resources
Publish Date: April 4, 2019
Company Description: Saltchuk is a privately owned family of transportation and distribution companies committed to being the best in North America. Headquartered in Seattle, we seek people who share our values and take pride in being professional. We value safety, reliability, dedication to our organization, and industry-leading environmental innovation. We look for pride, integrity, grit, and approachability. If you’re looking for a long-term career, this is a phenomenal place to build one. Visit www.saltchuk.com.
The Director/Senior Director, Human Resources is an experienced and motivated HR professional who has significant depth in all areas of HR. This position will work closely with the SVP, HR, in delivering best in class people strategies. The Director of HR will manage the day to day HR activities for the corporate office, with oversight for employee relations, recruiting and on-boarding, learning and development, compensation and benefits, and compliance. Additionally, this position will serve as a resource to the stakeholders across Saltchuk’s business units, leading various organization-wide special projects. As a member of the HR leadership team, this position will play a key role in shaping the people culture of the organization, ensuring that our companies remain a place where we would be proud to have our children work.
- Employee relations, including mentoring managers, assisting with investigations and/or hotline complaints as needed.
- Manages the company-wide employee survey process, driving engagement as we strive to ensure that all of our companies are great places to work.
- Actively engaged in succession planning and leadership development. In partnership with business unit HR and the SVP, HR, oversees leadership development efforts, including recommending, developing, and delivering various learning and development programs.
- Oversees the effective administration and communication of day to day HR operations for the corporate home office, including benefits, compensation, performance reviews, and leave programs. Maintains and/or creates policies, handbook, job descriptions, etc. as needed.
- Recruits for corporate home and other leadership roles.
- Streamlines processes and drives automation to improve efficiencies within the department.
- M & A support including due diligence, communication, and integration efforts as needed.
- Works closely with the SVP, HR on a variety of HR initiatives and special projects.
- Other duties as needed in support of HR and Saltchuk strategies.
- Travels to visit subsidiary companies, and attends meetings & conferences as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required in HR, Business, or a related field
- HR certification preferred – PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, and/or SHRM-SCP
Experience and Skills
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 10 years directly related HR generalist experience of increasing responsibility, including managing teams. This is a director level role, with opportunity for a Senior Director level, based on experience.
- Solid understanding of compliance requirements and best practices related to compensation, benefits, recruiting, and employee relations.
- Significant experience in organizational development with an emphasis on creating and delivering leadership development programs strongly desired.
- The ideal candidate will be equally comfortable thinking strategically as well as rolling up their sleeves and getting work done; working collaboratively with senior leaders and also as an individual contributor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach is essential.
- Strong project and process management skills with a demonstrated track record of delivering results.
- Solid analytical skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen, consulting, and problem solving skills.
Qualified applicants should respond by sending their resume and cover letter to:
Colleen Rosas, SVP, Human Resources, Saltchuk
450 Alaskan Way S Suite #708| Seattle, WA 98104
Saltchuk is a family of diversified transportation and distribution companies with a vision to serve our customers by being the best in North America. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our organization — in a work environment where anyone would be proud for their children to work. Please see www.saltchuk.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com