Director of Supply Chain Management
Company: Delta Western
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Logistics, Operations, Purchasing/Procurement
Publish Date: October 7, 2019
Company Description: Delta Western is the largest independent distributor of fuel and lubricants in Alaska. With the best customer service in the business, our company has become a household name in over 250 Alaskan communities. DWP travels waterways throughout Alaska to service some of the most remote communities in the state. The company safely navigates unique and challenging river and weather conditions. It is a lifeline to these locations, delivering a whole year’s supply of heating fuel, power generation fuel, unleaded gasoline, and lubricants. Lubricants are also distributed throughout the state from our distribution facilities, freight barge, and trucks on the Railbelt highway system. The company’s core belief is that safety is our first priority. Our Safety Management System includes continuous improvement, employee involvement at all levels, and aligning employee goals with company goals. DWP gives back to the communities it serves by supporting many charitable organizations, including donating $150,000 in scholarships for local high school students. Additionally, each of our remote sites supports charitable organizations through mentoring, volunteerism, and fundraising, making a personal difference in the communities they serve.
This position contributes to the implementation of procurement and logistical strategies for domestic and international supply. Primary function will include managing the logistics of refined products and distribution programs.
To apply for this job please visit www.appone.com.
- Forecasts and manages currents terminal and vessel inventory.
- Completes all supply forecasting, inventory management, supply nominations and resupply.
- Assists sales team in set pricing for customers
- Draft contracts for barge related sales
- Negotiates and manages product exchange agreements with partners and competitors
- Manage the supply chain for the North Slope terminal
- Coordinate all vendor support for marine related operations
- Active member on spill response boards and committees
- Assist in crew management at terminal sites for barge and tanker operations
- Coordinate logistical components of all vessel resupply and barge transportation.
- Manage quality control for incoming supply
- Construct supply and transportation planning models
- Builds relationships with marine partners
- Manage all Marine assets from an accounting, operational, and cost perspective
- Organizes all operational functions of tanker and barge charters and sub-charters
- Facilitate tanker operations with vessel crew, inspectors, and agents
- Work with environmental team to maintain marine compliance
- Represent DW interests during ADEC tanker inspection
- Work with customers to facilitate barge deliveries
- Arrange cargo inspector nomination, sampling, and testing
- QI for incident response / spill management
- Supervises Marine Scheduler
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 5 years in refined product logistics and/or procurement preferred.