Director of Operations & Marketing – Fuel
Company: Inlet Energy
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Management, Operations, Sales
Publish Date: September 9, 2020
The Director of Operations & Marketing is responsible for operations, sales and marketing of all fuel, bulk chemical and occasionally lubricant products within their targeted market segment and/or account list. The position is responsible for managing customer accounts and maintaining high levels of customer service/satisfaction, profitability and when necessary account related functions such as collections etc.
- Create and implement marketing plan to grow the fuel business and achieve annual EBIT expectations.
- Serves as primary member of the sales and marketing group as it relates to road system fuel sales. Duties include, but are not limited to, direct marketing of fuel on the road system and supplying price information to marketing personnel to maximize profitability and extend value to the customer.
- Develop and recommend new fuel sales and marketing materials and strategies.
- Manages a team consisting of operations manager, dispatcher(s) and fuel drivers.
- Mentors operations staff to ensure processes and commitments are being executed to meet customer demands.
- Implement brand awareness through social media and advertisement campaigns.
- Oversees supplier relationships and contract negotiations.
- Ensures all company safety policies are understood and enforced.
- Conducts fuel operations and safety meetings with department employees and company officials.
- Performs safety inspections on equipment, facility, and customer sites and report them to Safety Department and all Fuel Operations personnel in a reasonable time frame.
- Work directly with customers either by telephone, electronically or face-to-face. Evaluate all information to respond to customer requests, identifying and escalating priority issues. Serves as liaison between customer and various departments. Manages customer accounts and maintain appropriate records for customers, prospects and competitors through CRM.
- Attend and represent Inlet Energy at various industry functions.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, pursues new business and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade factors.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, via CRM.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales via CRM.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conducts annual performance reviews and recommend salary adjustments based on employee accomplishments, training, education, and goal achievement for the preceding year.
Education and Experience: Minimum 2-5 years of commercial/industrial sales experience, Fuel and State of Alaska experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Independent travel to customer locations