Director of Marketing
Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Other
Publish Date: November 19, 2018
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
The Director of Marketing is primarily responsible for the development, implementation, and management of the marketing strategy and marketing communications for TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico. The Director of Marketing will work in conjunction with Regional Sales Managers and the operations team to drive strategic plans and market intelligence within business segments.
- Reviews and meets with key industry leaders / associations to develop market intelligence and projections.
- Gathers and analyzes market data to support marketing strategies and execution that drive growth across market segments.
- Drives collaboration between multiple departments in support of organizational planning, data management and measurement.
- Works closely with sales, pricing and operations to ensure commercial market strategy is aligned and driving sales performance.
- Manages all aspects of marketing including but not limited to brand communications, company website, e-commerce, advertising and events.
- Manages social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Brand management for all internal and external communications including website, social media, and marketing collateral.
- Works closely with vendors related to brand management, website production, and advertising campaigns and all other media / commercial related campaigns.
- Establishes a system of reports and communications for all information from the marketing team to the sales team and for feedback and request from the sales team to the marketing team.
- Builds best-in-class measurement strategies using digital platforms to continuously evaluate all marketing related activities.
- Supports and sometimes manages commercial company-wide events.
- Represents TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico by attending various industry and community related functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing required.
- MBA preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in a Senior Marketing role.
- Prior transportation experience preferred.