Director of Business Development
Company: TOTE Services
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Operations
Publish Date: April 22, 2021
Company Description: Since 1975, TOTE Services has provided full technical management and partial management/ crewing services for nearly one-hundred vessels of various sizes and configurations. We know that great companies are built by great people who embody our company’s values and vision. Whether we’re hiring for a shoreside or seagoing position, we look for people who can help us provide the world’s best ship management, marine operations, and vessel services. TOTE Services strives to lead the industry in safety, quality, and operational excellence and the TOTE Services team is critical to our success. www.toteservices.com
The Director of Business Development will be responsible for identifying and developing new business opportunities that align with the TOTE Services strategic business plan. He/she will build business relationships across the market space for clean energy services including wind and LNG, the Space industry, vessel construction management, management of commercial and US Government vessels, and consulting services. The Director will work with TOTE leadership at all levels to develop detailed financial and technical plans which support proposed new business ventures and be prepared to support new business start-ups in a technical role. This Director will be responsible to develop a marketing strategy that will include advertising, on-line presence, and materials which promote TOTE Services’ experience and capabilities.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify potential clients in the target market and complete appropriate research on the prospective client's business and equipment needs.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients, while expanding the role of Tote Services with existing clients.
- Work with management team to create contract-winning proposals for current and prospective clients.
- Partner with executive team to produce strategic plans for TOTE Services’ business segments.
- Working with executive team negotiate contract terms with clients and communicate terms to stakeholders.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on our business products, processes and operations, and remain up to date on industry news.
- Support new business start-up in a technical role.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Excellent verbal written communication
- Good project management and organizational
- Must be a team
- Ability to multi-task and
- Computer literate, with the ability to utilize standard software applications and be proficient in Windows and MS Office Suite (Outlook, Work, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Education and/or Experience:
This position requires a Bachelor of Science degree, preferably in Engineering and at least ten years of experience in the maritime industry working within both the Commercial and Governmental business sectors. Advanced business degrees preferred.