Director Marketing and Communications
Company: Foss Maritime
Employment Type: Full Time
Region: Pacific Northwest
Job Category: Communications, Customer Service, Sales
Publish Date: February 25, 2020
Company Description: For more than a century, Foss Maritime has set the standard for marine transportation with leading edge technology, engineering, and shipbuilding. Combining global reach with local expertise, Foss is recognized for its state-of-the-art fleet, experienced and dedicated crews, knowledgeable customer service staff, and world-class engineers. Along with our independent subsidiaries the company employs thousands of people throughout the United States. With hundreds of tugs and barges we provide harbor services and transportation operations in all major U.S. West Coast ports – including the Columbia and Snake River system. Internationally, Foss supports customers across the Pacific Rim, in Europe, South America and the Arctic.
Create, implement, and manage strategic, multi-faceted external marketing programs and internal/external communications in support of Company vision, mission and values to further business objectives.
- Develops and implements Foss’s overall strategic marketing and social media plan, including strategies and tactics to build brand image and market awareness.
- Implements traditional and digital marketing campaigns to support OpCo sales efforts for target markets.
- Oversees design, management and maintenance of Foss.com website.
- Supports commercial team in administration of the Customer Relations Management (CRM) database, including data maintenance, campaign coordination, report generation, forecasting-related activities, sales travel and customer visitation.
- Coordinates participation at sales, trade and industry events.
- Facilitates development and creation of sales materials.
- Manages other design needs, such as presentations, signage, and trade show collateral.
- Manages Foss marketing budget, including annual advertising in trade journals, maritime publications, etc., evaluating ROI and maximizing value.
- Measures and optimizes paid marketing using vendor-specific dashboards, Google Analytics, and marketing analytics reports.
- Measures and reports effectiveness of marketing campaigns against goals.
- Develops and implements short-term and long-term strategies and content for Saltchuk Marine’s internal and external communications.
- Executes on overall strategy, development and communications content for Foss.com website, for Saltchuk Marine OpCos, and for corporate communications.
- Develops communications materials on local, state, and national issues.
- Responds to media requests for information and implements earned media campaign; produces news releases, news materials, fact sheets, online content, and program announcements.
- Coordinates strategy and objectives for Company presence at public relations events such as charitable and political fundraisers, christenings, and maritime industry events.
- Manages Company communications for customer appreciation events, major media events or news-related activities.
- Assists in writing and publishing monthly employee newsletter and other internal communications as requested.
- Manages and coordinates crisis communication efforts, including acting as media spokesperson.
- Builds and fosters long-term relationships with various entities including the media, community members, and other business and industry leaders.
- Follows social, economic, and political trends with potential impact to the organization, and makes recommendations to enhance the Company’s image on the basis of those trends.
- Stays up-to-date with digital marketing trends and potential new channels and strategies, including updates to social media marketing, attribution, and programmatic media buying.
- Understands and complies with Foss’s Affirmative Action Plan, EEO, Non-Discrimination, Harassment, and all other HR policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicates regional/department goals and objectives.
- Provides direction and leadership to achieve company Core Values, Mission and Safety Vision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
- Adheres to all company policies.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated effective written and proven ability to understand, interpret, and write about complex information; and demonstrated excellent oral communication skills by clearly presenting information through the spoken word in positive and negative circumstances.
- Attention to detail and ability to edit and proofread.
- Must have exhibited independent judgment by making sound, justifiable decisions and taking action in solving problems.
- Demonstrated understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and ability to represent the company effectively in a variety of settings and with diverse communities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills which include, but is not limited to the ability to complete multiple tasks and high volume of work on deadline.
- Ability to follow through on assigned tasks with limited supervision.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Computer proficiency in and ability to utilize all of Windows and MS Professional Office standard applications.
- Ability to travel as needed (approximately 10% of time).
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.