Desktop Support Analyst
Company: Young Brothers, Limited
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Publish Date: March 11, 2020
Company Description: Looking for career opportunities with a dynamic, fast-paced company that can result in long-term employment while serving the various communities in Hawaii? If you are, then consider a position with Young Brothers, Ltd. (YB) – on the forefront of the marine freight transportation business. We offer competitive salaries, benefits and future growth opportunities for both shoreside and seagoing careers. At YB, our employees are our most important resource and one of the pillars that help to support a strong foundation on which our company is built. We achieve this through seeking people who are team players, professional, motivated and committed to winning and meeting the needs of our customers and our communities.
Young Brothers, Limited
Responsible for providing on-site and remote technical support services for internal and external customers. Provide hands-on hardware support including configuring, deploying, maintaining, troubleshooting and supporting computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones, and other computer and telecommunications equipment. Ensures all incidents and requests are analyzed, resolved and reported back within the promised timeframes.
- Diagnoses and resolves problems associated with application software and operating systems; determines the source of problems and classifies their level, priority and nature.
- Configures, deploys, maintains, troubleshoots and supports computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, phones and other computer and telecommunications equipment.
- Creates alternative methods of completing tasks, correcting user errors and system inconsistencies to improve desktop performance and stability.
- Participates in hardware and software reviews and recommends purchases.
- Maintains inventory of computer hardware and software, manages software licensing and creates policies and procedures for upgrades.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for hardware and software standardization.
- Ensures desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers and administrative systems.
- Creates procedures, standards, best practice configurations, settings, installation sequences and troubleshooting documentation.
- Assist with administration of mobile devices.
- Contribute technical solutions to the Knowledge Base (KB).
- Improve knowledge of, and ability to operate, all technical support tools and technologies.
- Performs special duties and other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to all company policies.
- Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Desktop hardware, software applications, operating systems and network connectivity.
- Computer imaging and provisioning via Symantec Ghost
- Automated computer deployment methods and technologies
- Network and local client printer support.
- Microsoft Operating Systems: client and server
- Microsoft Office 365, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Landesk Service Desk and Management Suite
- Symantec Anti-Virus
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- Mobile Device Support: Android and iOS
- Remote and VPN support
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Takes initiative and works independently with attention to detail.
- Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Follows instructions and responds to management direction.
- Follows policies and procedures and upholds company values.
This position generally requires an Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and four to five years related experience. Vendor hardware, A+ and Network + certifications desired.
Foss Maritime Company is an Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer and a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We are committed to a diverse workforce and taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Foss is a drug-free employer and a participant of the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.adp.com.