Customer Service Specialist – Bilingual / Spanish
Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: November 18, 2021
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Are you a team player?
Are you driven and self-motivated?
Do you enjoy building relationships while making an impact on customers?
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico is looking for a Customer Service Specialist like you!
The TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico Customer Service Specialist position is responsible for taking a leadership role in communicating transactions for all accounts.
As a Customer Service Specialist you will:
• Creating bookings, track shipments, coordinate equipment and dispatch functions, facilitate paperwork for documentation, etc.
• Ensure high level customer satisfaction with all TOTE Maritime PR transactions.
• Generate specific individualized reports, as required by customers via SQL and CargoWise.
• Represent shipper’s interest with other departments, such as, equipment control, dispatch, pricing and operations, etc.
• Coordinate transfer loads and appointments when necessary.
• Track and coordinate loads with customers and operations department.
• Communicate with respective sales representatives.
• Provide support to Booking, VMR, Shipment Services, Fleet and Inland groups.
• Respond to each customer contact with courtesy and professionalism (telephone, email, etc.)
• Build and enhance customer relationships at every touch point for customers.
• Research, follow-up and resolve customer problems in a timely fashion.
• Communicate, follow-up with customers, sales and internal departments to resolve problems.
• Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
• Create and maintain customer accounts by recording and updating account information.
• Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the root cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
• Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
• Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Prioritize multiple tasks to ensure urgent problems are resolved quickly.
• Reduce service failures and costs providing accurate information in a timely manner.
• Provide information to customers related to sailing schedules, equipment availability, container status, routing, rates etc.
• Inform customers of the applicable policies, regulations and rules that affect the shipment.
• Promote electronic ways of doing business with TOTE Maritime PR.
• Identify innovative ways to improve our department business model and carry out Continuous Improvement practices whenever possible.
• Observe all company and department rules, requests, and procedures.
• Build positive and collaborative relationships with internal employees and internal departments on a continuous basis.
• Participate in and promote company and department initiatives.
• Pursue continual learning pertaining to industry standards, regulatory requirements and general industry training.
• Identify personal mistakes or errors in bookings processes and proactively work to avoid re-occurring errors by yourself and your department.
• Support the TEAM TOTE approach and company values in delivering consistent, value-added services to our customers with professionalism.
The ideal candidate has:
• Bilingual Skills English/Spanish required.
• A general understanding of Logistics Industry, Transportation Industry, Shipping Industry or equivalent knowledge is preferred.
• Candidate should have experience dealing with customers and an ability to provide examples of how they displayed superior customer service experiences to their customers in prior roles.
• Candidate must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, accurate data entry and a general competency in understanding computer systems.
• Candidate must demonstrate an ability and capacity to learn new systems and processes within a high impact, high volume, and high demand call center.
• Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information, Multi-tasking, Meeting Sales Goals, Self-Confidence, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, Accountability, Ability to work independently with little or no direction from the team and managers.
Education & Experience:
•High school diploma required, Associate Degree or Bachelor Degree preferred. Five or more years of customer service experience, with three years of transportation experience preferred.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required as subject to Executive Order 14042.
For TOTE Puerto Rico, shipping is about more than reliable delivery, it’s about people. The TOTE Puerto Rico team is dedicated to exceeding our clients’ expectations with efficiency, integrity and unparalleled customer service. We are equally committed to our own employees, fostering a working environment where they are respected, inspired, and recognized for excellent work. We strive to be the best at what we do. To learn more about TOTE Puerto Rico History and Values, click here.
Our organization is committed to its employees by providing competitive pay, outstanding benefits and professional development opportunities. To learn more about the benefits that TOTE offer, click here.