Customer Service Specialist
Company: TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Customer Service
Publish Date: January 23, 2020
Company Description: From humble beginnings in 1985 as a two tug-and-barge operation, to introducing the world’s first LNG-powered containerships, TOTE Maritime’s commitment to the people of Puerto Rico has never wavered. Offering twice-weekly scheduled sailings from the Port of Jacksonville to San Juan Puerto Rico, plus service to St. Thomas. Our employees embody commitment, dedication and teamwork. Whether you are looking for a shipboard position or career that keeps your feet on the ground in Puerto Rico, Florida or our U.S. Virgin Island terminals - TOTE Maritime offers a competitive compensation package and an environment that supports your career development, recognizes your achievements and has a keen respect for work-life balance.
TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico
Purpose of Job:
The TOTE Maritime Puerto Rico Customer Service Specialist position is responsible for taking a leadership role in communicating transactions for all accounts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Includes all aspects of customer service functions to include creating bookings, tracking shipments, coordinating equipment and dispatch functions, facilitating paperwork for documentation, etc.
- Ensure high level customer satisfaction with all TOTE Maritime PR transactions.
- Generate Specific individualized reports, as required by customers via SQL and CargoWise.
- Representing shipper's interest with other departments, such as, equipment control, dispatch, pricing and operations, etc.
- Coordinating transfer loads and appointments when necessary.
- Tracking and coordinating loads with customers and operations department.
- Continual communication with respective sales representatives.
- Provides support to Booking, VMR, Shipment Services, Fleet and Inland groups.
- Respond to each customer contact with courtesy and professionalism (telephone, email, etc.)
- Build and enhance customer relationships at every touch point for customers.
- Research, follow-up and resolve customer problems in a timely fashion.
- Communicate, follow-up with customers, sales and internal departments to resolve problems.
- Attracts potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Creates and maintains customer accounts by recording and updating account information.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the root cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Recommends potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Prioritize multiple tasks to ensure urgent problems are resolved quickly.
- Reduce service failures and costs providing accurate information in a timely manner.
- Provide information to customers related to sailing schedules, equipment availability, container status, routing, rates etc.
- Inform customers of the applicable policies, regulations and rules that affect the shipment.
- Promote electronic ways of doing business with TOTE Maritime PR.
- Identify innovative ways to improve our department business model and carry out Continuous Improvement practices whenever possible.
- Observe all company and department rules, requests, and procedures.
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with internal employees and internal departments on a continuous basis.
- Participate in and promote company and department initiatives.
- Pursue continual learning pertaining to industry standards, regulatory requirements and general industry training.
- Identify personal mistakes or errors in bookings processes and proactively work to avoid re-occurring errors by yourself and your department.
- Support the TEAM TOTE approach and company values in delivering consistent, value-added services to our customers with professionalism.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- A general understanding of Logistics Industry, Transportation Industry, Shipping Industry or equivalent knowledge is preferred.
- Candidate should have experience dealing with customers and an ability to provide examples of how they displayed superior customer service experiences to their customers in prior roles.
- Candidate must have a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Outlook, accurate data entry and a general competency in understanding computer systems.
- Candidate must demonstrate an ability and capacity to learn new systems and processes within a high impact, high volume, and high demand call center.
- Customer Service, Product Knowledge, Quality Focus, Problem Solving, Market Knowledge, Documentation Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Resolving Conflict, Analyzing Information, Multi-tasking, Meeting Sales Goals, Self-Confidence, Presentation Skills, Client Relationships, Motivation for Sales, Accountability, Ability to work independently with little or no direction from the team and managers.
High school diploma required, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Five or more years of customer service experience, with three years of transportation experience preferred.