Customer Service Representative
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Category: Administrative, Customer Service, Trucking
Publish Date: May 14, 2019
Company Description: As Alaska’s premier trucking company, Carlile offers a variety of exciting careers with competitive salaries and benefits. Carlile recruits for positions throughout its network of terminals servicing Alaska from Anchorage, Fairbanks, Kenai, Kodiak, Prudhoe Bay and Seward, as well via locations in Tacoma, WA, Houston TX and Edmonton, AB.
This position is responsible for providing customer service by monitoring and responding to customer requests, providing problem resolution, tracking cargo, and assisting outside sales representatives.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting2.ultipro.com.
- Operate safely and compliance with all established HSSE policies and procedures
- Develop strong relationships with customers, answer questions while researching and resolving issues
- Track and trace cargo and provide necessary information to customers
- Inform customers of applicable policies, requirements, schedule updates and regulations related to shipment
- Edit contact information in database, create, run and audit various reports for internal and external customers
- Build positive, collaborative relationships with internal employees and departments
- Perform accurate and efficient data entry/keyboarding/typing skills
- Assist with administrative duties relating to customer service
- Report on service issues and such as delayed or missing freight
- Create and update standard operating procedures
- Works with cross-functional team members to provide quotes and billing corrections/inquiries in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, or a related field is preferred
- High School Diploma, or equivalent is required
- Two to three years’ experience in transportation industry customer service required